Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, the count is 0-2, tieing run is at the plate. 1/13 pm

JC00778

And just like that, the 2018-19 season is in the books. I let more deer walk than ever, and it was a great season for me!

Spooked one when I stood up to come out of the blind this evening. If I would have stayed put another 3 minutes I may have gotten a shot. Live and learn!

Can’t wait for next year!

FOLES55

Well I’m officially tired but excited about the next fall season already.

Just processed and put that doe on ice blocks for the next 4-5 days.

Thank all you guys for the fun season and the constant LFTT post which kept me going all season.

Tree rat and cane cutter time!

twtabb

Did you learn from it or no
With trees down blocking any vehicle access I kNew I did not want to track a deer tonight. Although I wish I had the meat I am glad it was a clean miss. If I had to do over I would have taken the double lung shot cause I sure do need some meat. Guess I will have catch a lot of fish this year to make up for shortage of deer meat.
I thought I hit her because she first fell over backwards but I guess I would do the same if bullet flew right over my nose.

tbrown913

Well, as it goes my hunt tonight as all season was disturbed/ruined by the new guy hunting the land. He never stopped pestering the deer all season, including a lot of nights riding around "checking stands." Tonight with 20 minutes of light left he drove up to come get me from my stand "since it's almost dark." I could still see the 200 yards to the curve of the road without a problem. Just got back to Charlotte and I still want to turn back to bury my foot in a dark stinky recess. Oh well, I will be back and the deer will be bigger.

Jim Boyd

Great, great baseball analogy in the title.