Bow.technical question for the experts

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Is this normal string/cable wear under the cable slide? They are touching each other and freying. Fairly new set of vapor trail strings, obsession defcon m6z. I have an evolution as well with an older type cable slide and the way it offsets the cables never touch. I don't see at way for this one to be adjusted so they don't rub. Totally enclosed around the cables. Thanks in advance

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I should say that in experimenting with the guard, I flipped it a minute ago to see if that would make a difference. It did not. Only thing that can make the cables not touch each other is to "bend" (flexible) the whole cable guard opposite from the cable side, and if course since it's flexible it won't stay in that position

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Internet research time.... Thinking the tech had the cables crossing on the wrong side. Looks like if he'd have crossed them the opposite way, wouldn't have happened. Will be taking it to them tomorrow, and if that's the case, they'll be ordering me a set. Southpaw bow prob threw him off lol

deast1988

I know fever on here had the issue of a hemorage eating strings. If it's the tech I'd get a new set on them. Let Kris chime in I know he's fiddled and reviewed some obession bows.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Crazy for sure. I have spoken to a dealer who said the cable guide on all the 2017s need replacing with the 2018 design, and he's sending me one. But, upon inspection of my evolution strings, the rearward string crosses over the forward string. Vice versa on the m6z. Rearward string is under the forward string (rest side).

Kris87

If that's a left handed bow, then the cables are not routed correctly. Cable closest to the riser is always on the top. Your's isn't.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
It's a left handed bow. The cable coming from the top cam is the one that's on top. (So from the top of the bow it's the closest cable to the riser). Am I mis-interpreting your explanation? And upon examination, it looks like if the cables were reversed, it would have a better chance to clear.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Here's the evolution. Def opposite of the above pic

Kris87

I don't understand what you're saying. Both cables are coming from the top cam. Nevertheless, your cables are crossed. Just lay one on top of the other, and it's fixed

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
You said cable closest to riser is always on top. If you're talking about the side where the arrow sits, which are how both pics are oriented, then the 1st pic is what you describe. The pic you say is correct, the cable closest to riser is below the other string.

Maybe since I'm left handed I'm not picking up what you're putting down. I know the cables are crossed. That much I get.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Getting new ones too. The shop is paying for them. They were pretty ate up. He reconfigured it and took a pic before he ordered the new ones :ROFLMAO: