Box Anchor

Rabun

Anybody have experience with these...was thinking of getting one as a second anchor. Like the fact it folds up and have seen video of them in operation...sales video of course. Was wondering how well they worked in various kinds of bottom and held up...with hinges and all. Application would be primarily in sand.

box anchor.jpg

treadwell

Google it, (You Tube) I've watched several about home made ones. Not sure about sand, but lakes and rivers, stops even a big boat from drifting.

lonewolf247

I'm getting ready to build one myself. I've had trouble at times keeping my boat stationary in some of the high current areas I fish. I came across this anchor online last year but haven't got around to making one yet. I'm gonna work on one in the next few weeks when I have time. I'll try to report back my findings when I get a chance to see how it does first hand.

Rabun

I don’t know about box anchors, but these anchors work incredibly well. We use them in heavy river current, sand, and rock. They will stop and hold on a dime.

http://www.catriveranchors.com/

Nice looking anchor! I like the method of being able to retrieve when stuck. I personally haven't hung one up so bad I lost it, but have been with others when they did and have come close and it's just a matter of time.

Thanks

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Nice looking anchor! I like the method of being able to retrieve when stuck. I personally haven't hung one up so bad I lost it, but have been with others when they did and have come close and it's just a matter of time.

Thanks

We've hung these on the rocks and they popped loose just like they are supposed to. Just keep some extra zip ties at the ready and you are good to go again in a matter of minutes.