Box Blind Build

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Your basic 4x6. Turned out pretty good.

Boxblind 15.JPG

Last edited:
Excellent build well done ! Elffii post these pics in the box stand build sticky . Be good to have them there for others to view. Are you gonna paint the drop down doors green also ?

wvdawg

Staff member
Well done! Looks like you could spend the night in there! Should pay off come fall.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I hope you made them walls snore-proof! :bounce:

Looks good, man! :cool:

georgia_home

pics out the shooting window?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
You musta hid the Heat/AC unit well. I dont see it anywhere:huh:

SWEET! That is a Lot of work no doubt.....But I bet that thing will be there long after you and I are GON! Good Job Brother. Love to see things done right the first time:clap:

Last Minute

Nice work! Did you put anything on the floor to help quiet it down? I'm just about ready to get mine to the woods and was thinking of putting a soft rubber mat down on the floor and maybe a piece of carpet on top of that.

You must have been teaching me somewhere lol..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 4,717

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Are you gonna paint the drop down doors green also ?

I'm thinking about it. :D

How high off the ground is the floor?

10' 6" - 12' 4x4's 18" in the ground.

Very nice. Can you send me one of those here on my lease here in Texas!

Great work.

Sure, for a price. Shipping and erection costs are extra. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

pics out the shooting window?

To come once it's finished. We still need to trim a few limbs.

Dang Elfiii that thing looks great!!

Thanks David. We are starting now in anticipation of getting too old to climb in a few years, plus I keep hoping for grand kids for paw paw to take hunting and get them started right. This one makes #2. 2 more to go and we'll have the usual spots covered.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You must have been teaching me somewhere lol..

I like the way you did your windows. Thought about doing the same thing but passed. Might try that on the next one.

You Just reverse the way yours are instead of going out and down they go out and up . Rip 2x4 's in half open the window to the desired position mark your angles cut them one screw through 2x2 in top and one through bottom of the window frame. When season is over unscrew bottom one and re screw into frame to close it off for season don't have to take the pieces off they stay screwed in the top and will fold inward and upward. It allows you to use that to block off sunlight and rain adds more shading on the Inside of the box .