Box of artifacts

buckpasser

I have been tasked with helping someone sell a fairly large amount of points, scrapers, stone axe heads, etc. I can post some pics, but I have no idea of how to help establish a value for them. I’d be interested in possibly being the buyer but want to get an honest value. What would be your advice for establishing authenticity, value, etc from some of you experts? There are over 100 points from tiny to about 3 inches. Here are a couple pics of examples. 52CB3233-5063-4490-B2E5-7602C1E0C7CE.png52CB3233-5063-4490-B2E5-7602C1E0C7CE.pngD8F8B356-730F-4EAA-B79D-6649042FA66F.png

Jimmypop

You may want to get a price guide. It could give you some idea of potential value.Here is a picture of one I like.

Attachments

• 0613181925.jpg
    0613181925.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 15

buckpasser

What are you thinking the value is or a range of high and low?

If that question is for me, I have no idea. I’ve just been tasked with establishing some value for the owner. I figured I’d start here. At some point I’d like to dig a little deeper into educating myself on the past. I’d also like to; hunt more, fish more, rx burn my woods more, do more bird taxidermy, fix up my little tractor, paint my rental house, work with my bird dog more, and the list goes on and on...

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Not really sure on a value but I have seen some frames on eBay with probably 100 points sell for 2-3 hundred, but I agree with Kmac, priceless, especially if I found them , that stone ax on left if perfect may sale for 75-100

Jimmypop

A dealer in Ky. offered me $100 each 25 yrs. ago for these two and seemed a little irked that I didn't think that was a lot of money for " a little stroll through the garden." An archaeologist / collector Told me he was trying to "rip me off'." I still have them.

Attachments

• 0805181016a (1).jpg
    0805181016a (1).jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 0706180835a (1).jpg
    0706180835a (1).jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 40

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A dealer in Ky. offered me $100 each 25 yrs. ago for these two and seemed a little irked that I didn't think that was a lot of money for " a little stroll through the garden." An archaeologist / collector Told me he was trying to "rip me off'." I still have them.
That Clovis is definitely worth it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Remember this. A point is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, and there is a considerable market fluctuation. Field points don`t generally bring much. A lot of field patina kills quality. River patina can add to value. Museum quality points you rarely see on the market. If somebody seems overeager and offers you a thousand dollars for one, think long and hard before you sell.

Advice freely given.

buckpasser

Someone (who is not an expert by any means) has offered $25 per point for all the larger ones. Something tells me it would be fiscally irresponsible to take this without a trained eye going through them, even for a fee. If there is one “good one” in there, or if they are a big pile of “artifakes” I’d like to know it. Thank you everyone who has commented.

Nic, I’d be willing to drive to you if you wanted to give them a look. Quote me a price for your time if you’d even consider it and I’ll go from there.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Someone (who is not an expert by any means) has offered $25 per point for all the larger ones. Something tells me it would be fiscally irresponsible to take this without a trained eye going through them, even for a fee. If there is one “good one” in there, or if they are a big pile of “artifakes” I’d like to know it. Thank you everyone who has commented.

Nic, I’d be willing to drive to you if you wanted to give them a look. Quote me a price for your time if you’d even consider it and I’ll go from there.

Buck, I appreciate your kind words, but i`m far from an expert, and even further from someone who knows the value of them. All look authentic to me, and looks like they run from the Archaic to the Woodland all the way through to the Mississippian Time Periods. But as far as monetary value, I couldn`t even give you a wild guess. I`ll ask around from some folks I know, but that`s the best I can do.

buckpasser

Buck, I appreciate your kind words, but i`m far from an expert, and even further from someone who knows the value of them. All look authentic to me, and looks like they run from the Archaic to the Woodland all the way through to the Mississippian Time Periods. But as far as monetary value, I couldn`t even give you a wild guess. I`ll ask around from some folks I know, but that`s the best I can do.

Thanks!

Willjo

I see that you are from South West Ga. There is a couple people in your area that sells points and might give you some information. Jacky Fuller has a website and I think it is river in time and you could look at this and get some idea of the value of points. I see Jacky Fuller on Facebook all the time. Correction website is www.riveroftime.co and this will carry you to his website

Last edited:

antharper

Staff member
Yours are better quality but I seen these that sold from Ga on eBay and thought I’d share 61693077-2A16-4DB7-BBB7-543361DB4D2C.jpeg

antharper

Staff member
I see that you are from South West Ga. There is a couple people in your area that sells points and might give you some information. Jacky Fuller has a website and I think it is river in time and you could look at this and get some idea of the value of points. I see Jacky Fuller on Facebook all the time. Correction website is www.riveroftime.co and this will carry you to his website
Willjo I was interested and looked up website and it says it’s for sale

antharper

Staff member
Five (5) of those have either Flint River or Kinchafoonee Creek patina on them. :)
What does that mean Nic , they came out of the water ? I have a fairly large collection but never tried to learn what types or really anything about them , just enjoy looking for them !