Boykin breeders

dawhoo

Does anyone have any experience with Boykin breeders that produce pups from hunting lines. Trying to weed out breeders that do not breed for hunting traits as most like to through in the buzz word hunting in their webpages

MOTS

I doubt you'll find much more than what has been said just a few post down being the topic/thread started in January this year. Surely they are Boykin forums that would have your answers? Good luck with it.

Kline2054

Give Blaine a call with Hudson River. His name on here is Water Swat. He can tell you what studs he has that are getting paired up with a good female.

One option is to find a stud that you like and give the owner a call to see what breedings they have coming up.

My opinion on good “breeders” would be

1) Marty Griner with Brier Creek
2) Brandy Wine
3) Just Ducky
4) Hollow creek

You can also check the thread a few posts down.

Water Swat

I can get you one anytime out of a couple of our studs. Theyre not my pups so maybe this isnt against the rules. But if you want one. Pm me your budget. And boy or girl.

Beagles N Boykins

Does anyone have any experience with Boykin breeders that produce pups from hunting lines. Trying to weed out breeders that do not breed for hunting traits as most like to through in the buzz word hunting in their webpages

Blaine with Hudson River Retrievers and his Stud Buck. I have a 7 month old male, B&E Burwell’s Ransom “Rance” out of Buck and he is just on fire. He has really turned on the last two weeks on the dove field. Retrieved 28 doves to hand for a couple of buddy’s and myself Sunday morning. He flushed 30 pen raised quail at 5 months and is a beast in the water. I’m not a hunt trial guy but I’m sure Rance would do great at that too. I registered just to respond to this. Call Blaine I see he responded to this.

Beagles N Boykins

I spent 2 years figuring out what I wanted. Be prepared to spend $2,000 or more on a pup with a long health history and hunting pedigree.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I have got to get over to Blaines and check out his operation. I would love to see what he is doing with Boykins.

I know my female is smart, and she is soft to command. If you raise your voice, you have her full attention. Now.

Beagles N Boykins

Same with my boy
I have got to get over to Blaines and check out his operation. I would love to see what he is doing with Boykins.

I know my female is smart, and she is soft to command. If you raise your voice, you have her full attention. Now.

Rance is the same a little praise goes a long way. He has been a pleasure to train and his progress has been 80% breeding and maybe 20% me. I’ve trained beagles for 25 years and a few GSP’s in the past few years. Rance is scary smart. Sunday he was spotting the dove before me and marking hit birds off the gun barrel. Followed one hit bird to the far side of the field with his eyes and once released ran down got him and brought him back alive. That was 125yds away at 7 months. Blaine has been helpful with guidance on litters and if you can’t handle the training he’s world class at that. Buck won 2nd in the open class at the Boykin Nationals this Spring.

Water Swat

I always offer anyone looking to get a boykin to come by for a visit to see different lines of dogs doing their thing before you make a decision. Few do it.