Bream artificial

greg_n_clayton

What is you folk's go artificial when targeting bream ?? I have always used crickets and worms. Use to use what we called a popping bug behind a clear torpedo float, but can't find either local.

GreenPig

Rooster tail, beetle spin, and a Renosky Keystone jig minnow. The Keystone minnow has produced some big bream for me. Fished on 2 lb test bouncing on the bottom. Small top water lures work also.

greg_n_clayton

Thanks for the responses guys. The artificial stuff (top water) has always produced bigger fish it seemed. The below surface stuff this early is what I want to try for deeper fish which hasn't come shallow yet up here. I got a lady wanting her annual bream I keep her supplied in through the summer.

weagle

Fly Rod with a slow sinking Bream Killer:

Bream_Killer.jpg

ultralight spinning rod with a tube jig:

rocky_5.jpg

Bream Pole

you can find both the clear floats and the poppers on Amazon and at Walmart. A Power Bait Honey Worm under a float is very good.

ryork

I enjoy fishing a creek that runs through and along my property for bream. It's just simple fun and can be challenging tossing those tiny lures etc around all the limbs, snags etc both overhead and in the water. I can't find those clear floats either, but I take regular old masking tape and wrap around a standard cigar shaped float to hide some of the color and then tie any kind of small flyrod type popping bug or trout fly about 3 ft from it. The tape hides the color and adds a little weight to make casting easier. Works like a charm. I also throw the tiniest rebel crawfish or grasshopper crankbaits on an UL setup, and that will usually grab the biggest one in the hole.

greg_n_clayton

Thank you all for the replies !! They should be coming up out of the depths around here soon. The lady I catch them for called last. Was talking about how nice the weather is. I know what she was hinting at !!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
If its sunny I use a fly rod and bream killer. If its overcast I mix in a poping bug. If its overcast and some chop on the water. Look out! ive seen them hit the popper so hard they come out of the water.