brittonl spring 2018

brittonl

Like usual, this spring season came and went fast and yet again provided many great memories. I watched my boys grow and mature even more and I am already grasping on to the time spent with them and my father so tight, trying to slow it down as much as possible. With sharing these pictures each year, the last thing I would want to imply is that I am being boastful in any manner. At the end of the day, I am just an average guy who is a full time husband, dad and employee and fortunate each spring to log a handful of hours chasing these magnificent birds. My hope each season is to be intentional with my children and the experiences and places offered to us. And also to challenge myself at sharpening my own skills and to continue reaching for a couple of goals of my own. This spring was full of it all, highs and lows and every ounce of it was a pure delight. I was fortunate to hunt in multiple states and harvest a few birds and get to lay eyes on parts of the country I have never seen before. We kicked off the season down in Florida with the kids for youth and had a blast as usual. Next my dad and I spent some time back in Florida on public ground and both took our first Osceola's. From there we started working on our local Georgia season and man did it have some ups and downs. I ended up missing two really nice Georgia public birds this year and seemed to struggle with the gun early on, but eventually got it on track. We took the kiddos north for a public out of state youth hunt in the cold and snow and man what a challenge that was, but still had a great time. Once back home, I worked it out with a couple of nice birds for myself and then came time for my first Merriam's challenge. My good Florida friend and I met out west and tried our hand at the most non-committal turkeys I had ever worked in my life. We were both really fortunate to both harvest our SD and WY birds and man what a trip that was. Once back home and with one tag and a few days in my pocket, I found our birds pretty much done and called it a successful season and tipped my hat to the king of the spring woods once again. Hope you enjoy the few pics below, we sure loved making them!

Attachments

• FL youth camp.jpg
    FL youth camp.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 362
  • FL orange tree.jpg
    FL orange tree.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 360
  • FL youth lunch.jpg
    FL youth lunch.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 359
  • FL youth lunch 2.jpg
    FL youth lunch 2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 361
  • FL youth group.jpg
    FL youth group.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 358
  • FL 2 camp.jpg
    FL 2 camp.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 360
  • FL dad 1.jpg
    FL dad 1.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 358
  • FL dad 2.jpg
    FL dad 2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 360
  • FL nick 1.jpg
    FL nick 1.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 360
  • FL nick 2.jpeg
    FL nick 2.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 360
  • FL truck.jpg
    FL truck.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 358
  • youth camp north.jpg
    youth camp north.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 357
  • youth snow.jpg
    youth snow.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 358
  • truck snow.jpg
    truck snow.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 356
  • Britt sleeping.jpg
    Britt sleeping.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 358
  • Nick Ga 1.jpg
    Nick Ga 1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 356
  • Nick Ga 2.jpg
    Nick Ga 2.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 361
  • Black Hills sign.jpg
    Black Hills sign.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 354
  • Nick BH 1.jpeg
    Nick BH 1.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Nick BH2.png
    Nick BH2.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 353
  • Nick BH3.png
    Nick BH3.png
    432.2 KB · Views: 357
  • BH sheds.jpeg
    BH sheds.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 356
  • BH toad head.jpg
    BH toad head.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 353
  • BH stream 1.jpg
    BH stream 1.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 354
  • BH stream 2.jpg
    BH stream 2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 355
  • BH trout.jpg
    BH trout.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 2018 Ga farewell.jpg
    2018 Ga farewell.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Looks like some great experiences and fine birds. Thanks for sharing the pictures and scenery. Especially the WY and SD terrain.

Gaswamp

nice write-up and great pics

wvdawg

Staff member
What a marvelous season you shared with family and friends! The birds were an added bonus - congrats!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats on a wonderful spring , thanks for sharing , nothing like spending it with dad and your boys !

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Awesome pictures!!!!!!! Good times with family and turkey huntin and campin all mixed together can't be beat!!!!!!!!!!

mike1225

Awesome season for you & your family!

Arrow3

Great season!

brittonl

Appreciate the kind comments guys, always bitter sweet to see it end. Just hope our populations continue to thrive and we get a strong hatch this year.

Steve Roberts

Awesome season!!! You made a lot of good memories with your boys, dad, and friends!!! Congrats to you all!!!