Broadheads!?!

doubleA

I’ve been shooting RamCats for years, my favorite broadhead by far compared to other fixed and mechanicals I have shot in the past

hoythunter1861

It's all situational and dependent on shot placement but we haven't had a problem with a slicktrick out west. We had a pass through on a bull at 48 yards behind the shoulders never touched a rib, arrow was stuck in ground behind him, he went 30 yards and stood there pouring blood on both sides.

My buddy and I have only killed a handful of elk so I'm no expert but I kept the thought in my head to not hit them in the shoulder, the lungs are so big you've got a big vital zone without dealing with that shoulder. These little 130 - 175 pound bucks I kill down here in Florida I don't hesitate to shoot trough the shoulders with a slicktrick. Where are you thinking about hunting?

There's plenty of guys that kill them stone dead with rages as well.

Been looking into Idaho. Mostly for the reasons of being able to buy tags over the counter as a non-resident and that most people don't seem to really think about Idaho as an elk destination. And I saw something about their populations being good there.

DoubleRR

Hmmmmmm....BiPolars will kill a tree too >>----->

XJfire75

Muzzy Trocar HBX and Wasp JakHammers. Got a few slick tricks and Meat Seekers that are sharp and ready too.

rutnbuk

Like Bows- lots of good ones to choose from. I also use Slick Trick Mags on 50lb Elite. But- we all know at the end of the day- proper arrow placement trumps our Bow Brand, our Bow Speed, and our choice of Broad head.

BGA

I have had blood with Shwacker, QAD Exodus but this year I am going to swtich between the Exodus and the G5 Montec