Browning. 22lr ammo

zedex

Gator Bait
A friend and took a couple 22s out shooting today, my ruger 10/22 and my daughter's Philippine made knock off of the 10/22. We stopped along the way for a fresh box of ammo and picked up the browning stuff.
About 30% didnt want to chamber correctly or jammed. Of a 400 round box, about 20 didnt fire at all. We found approximately 15 rounds where to lead was in the case crooked. Not impressed at all.

The ruger does not like CCI stuff

Which 22lr ammo do y'all use in your ruger?

lonewolf247

In my Ruger 10/22, seems it likes most 22LR ammo, I feed it. Mostly I've used Federal Auto Match, Federal Gold Match, Cheap blue box Federal ammo, and CCI Mini Mags. The only ammo, I've had issue with, over the years, has been the cheap Remington bulk ammo, giving me a bunch of misfires.

bullgator

CCI standard velocity works great in both my 10/22s.

GregoryB.

I shoot the Remington bulk box Thunderbolts from my 10-22 Rifle and 10-22 Charger pistol. No issues.

wareagle700

I haven't found any ammo to be problematic in my 10/22's. CCI Standard Velocity is my go-to choice though, it seems to shoot exceptionally well in all my 22's.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Federal Auto Match works just fine, as does about any ammo I feed it. Only issue is Remington bulk pack, and I have misfires, not feed problems

zedex

Gator Bait
My P22 will send anything down the line. I don't know why the 10/22 is so finicky about CCI..... an old marlin I had liked them.

It shoots the Remington rounds fine.

Certainly wont get those browning again. They were a serious disappointment