Bryce Harper

biggdogg

So apparently the poor fella can't live off of $30 mil a year. He turned down a 10 year, $300 mil contract to stay with the Nats. So y'all still think the Braves have a shot at him? :rofl:

Personally I hope the jerk ends up with a left coast team so I don't have hear about him so doggone much...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Maybe he can sit out a year. That should work for him.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
NY Yankees...

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
So apparently the poor fella can't live off of $30 mil a year. He turned down a 10 year, $300 mil contract to stay with the Nats. So y'all still think the Braves have a shot at him? :rofl:

Personally I hope the jerk ends up with a left coast team so I don't have hear about him so doggone much...

Do the Braves even have 30 million a year?

BornToHuntAndFish

Not likely for the Braves mgmt. to be spending any big or long term money anytime soon, at least not in the next year. Still not expecting any earth shaking acquisitions, but we never know if they will stumble into some good deals & pick-ups.

biggdogg

Not likely for the Braves mgmt. to be spending any big or long term money anytime soon, at least not in the next year. Still not expecting any earth shaking acquisitions, but we never know if they will stumble into some good deals & pick-ups.

I've read where AA is at least going to talk with Kimbrel, Eovaldi and Keuchel. Not sure if they're out of the Braves range or not. Kimbrel most likely is. I know they can't afford the kind of salary Harper wants and I don't think he's willing to spend what it would take to sign Patrick Corbin either. All signs are pointing towards a serious push for Realmuto though and possibly Bumgarner or Kluber through trade. And I've also read he's very interested in signing Michael Brantley to replace Markakis.

BornToHuntAndFish

I've read where AA is at least going to talk with Kimbrel, Eovaldi and Keuchel. Not sure if they're out of the Braves range or not. Kimbrel most likely is. I know they can't afford the kind of salary Harper wants and I don't think he's willing to spend what it would take to sign Patrick Corbin either. All signs are pointing towards a serious push for Realmuto though and possibly Bumgarner or Kluber through trade. And I've also read he's very interested in signing Michael Brantley to replace Markakis.

I'll believe it when I see it. Nothing wrong with going out & kicking tires to check into stuff. AA shows no signs of moving out of conservation mode, but maybe he will surprise us this next year & season. Glad you're out there staying on top of stuff & tuned in to possibilities. Let's not get our hopes too high to avoid future painful disappointments if possible. Hope for the best & plan for the worst. Still confident Braves will be in rebuilding mode for years to come as they take small baby steps of progress for the future. Hang in there Braves fans.

biggdogg

AA was known for making big splashy moves when they made sense with Toronto. He also managed to do fairly well north of the border in a far tougher division and, this is a scary thought, far worse ownership.

biggdogg

Saw on the twitterverse realmuto is in talks for a deal. He’s be a great addition.

He and his agent have made it clear that he won't sign an extension and wants out of Miami. Fingers crossed...

DannyW

I don't get it. Over his 7 year career he has averaged 131 hits per year, 26 HR's and 74 RBIs with a batting average of .279. He did have one monster year...4 seasons ago. But you can't overlook that while he is not an awful defensive player, he is a below average MLB right fielder.

If the Nationals have offered him $300 million for 10 years, I predict he will end up as a Washington National. For the life of me I can't see anyone else offering more.

And I pray that AA does not even return a call from Scott Boras...the last thing this Braves team needs is a Bryce Harper ego in the club house.

HunterJoe24

Kimbrel said he wants to come back, that plays well in the Braves favor as he'll work a deal if he wants to go somewhere. Eovaldi would be an awesome addition to the lineup as well. A little inconsistent, but when he's on he's on, especially in high pressure situations

biggdogg

The Braves have reportedly made a fairly substantial offer for Realmuto. This could get interesting. Maybe Julio will be part of the package we send south...

REDMOND1858

Y’all are talking about Bryce Harper and I’m just sitting here waiting for the Braves to trade Acuna for some washed up 38 year old pitcher and a designated hitter.

Patriot44

Banned
The Braves have reportedly made a fairly substantial offer for Realmuto. This could get interesting. Maybe Julio will be part of the package we send south...
I would be ok with that.

I can't stand Bryce Harper! Seven years ago, my life long hate for any team NY magically switched to him.

BornToHuntAndFish

biggdogg

I don't expect them to commit any big money, long term deals simply because they're not going to want to let Acuna and Albies go. They will start arbitration in a couple years. I think they go for a 2nd tier closer because Kimbrel is looking for 4- 5 years and I think they'll sign Michael Brantley for RF because he won't cost a lot and we only need to keep that OF spot warm for Pache who we'll probably get a glimpse of next September. I do see some money spent on a front of the rotation starter and a closer though.