Bucks loosing points with age

sghoghunter

I have this one good buck that shows up at my place every yr and this yr he lost two sticker points off his left beam and G4 off one side and is a perfect 8 now looks like. Does that happen with age or ya reckon the two points was just damage while growing last yr?

Attachments

• IMG_3005.JPG
    IMG_3005.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3011.JPG
    IMG_3011.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 212

sghoghunter

Oh yes sir he's a real good mature buck for sure. I've had him the past 4 yrs and he's been a main frame 9 the first two then main 9 with them two kickers last yr but just an 8 this yr. I had two bad shots on him during archery last yr and hope he sticks around this yr to get a bullet this time

G5BONECRUSHER

I have this one good buck that shows up at my place every yr and this yr he lost two sticker points off his left beam and G4 off one side and is a perfect 8 now looks like. Does that happen with age or ya reckon the two points was just damage while growing last yr?
Had one in the mid 140's - low 150's for 4 years he did the same thing after hunting him for 4 years my neighbor killed him as a low 130's 8pt. I'm guessing around 8 -10 yrs old

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
It's generally accepted that if a buck lives long enough. He will start to go down hill at some point. Just like men.

BassHunter25

I had a buck on cam for five years. He went from a 12 to a 10 to a 9 back to a 12. But usually with age they will gain mass and stickers and kickers.

sghoghunter

He has gained more mass looks like. We've never had any wide deer here just tall.

Attachments

• IMG_4905.JPG
    IMG_4905.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 28