Bucks never showed up , will the does leave?

Thread starter #1
On my property in Wilkes county, I have three wireless cameras running year round so I have a pretty good idea of the deer that hang around. I have three family groups of does that I’ve watched since last season. I consider them regulars as they usually visit one of my three food plots every morning and evening consistently.
One group consists of two mature does with three fawns, one group is two mature does and two fawns and one group is two mature does and two fawns. This is more antlerless deer than I’ve ever had on my place compared to previous two years.
But this year the bucks are not coming around like they've done in years past. I get a rare daytime picture but even nighttime bucks are scarce. I’ve got a 2 1/2 yr old 7 point and 8 point. One 3 1/2 yr old 8 point, a 4 point and a spike. On average one or two of these bucks show up on camera every night. Compared to last two seasons where I had a few 3 1/2 yr old or older, a few 2 1/2 yr olds and several 1 1/2 yr olds almost every night this time of year.
Pressure on my land and my neighbors property is probably less than last two seasons. By this time last year I had many daytime pictures of mature bucks and daily daytime pictures of small bucks. I had pictures of deer fighting and chasing does.
Is the rut just way later this year? Will the does leave and go find bucks outside of their normal range if they come into heat soon?

So what's changed? More does, few buck sightings. My guess is you will have more buck sightings in the coming weeks of the rut. But one biological explanation according to research that your early season, current buck sighting are down is the doe population. Basically, the heavier doe population push's the bucks to the fringes of where there is less interaction with the doe families and social groups. Your does are bedding closer to the major food sources and this has pushed the bucks out of this range.

Thread starter #4
So what's changed? More does, few buck sightings. My guess is you will have more buck sightings in the coming weeks of the rut. But one biological explanation according to research that your early season, current buck sighting are down is the doe population. Basically, the heavier doe population push's the bucks to the fringes of where there is less interaction with the doe families and social groups. Your does are bedding closer to the major food sources and this has pushed the bucks out of this range.
I agree, I’ve always had very little summertime Buck activity on this property. This summer was actually slightly higher than last two, I had occasional pictures of the same bucks I’m seeing now. The two previous summers I pretty much had zero buck activity until October. It’s just weird that all these does are hanging around and the bucks don’t seem interested at all and this is supposed to be prime time. It was in the past anyways. I also agree that the does are all bedding very close by and the bucks are all bedding a good ways off on neighbors land.

They will come thru I've noticed last few years of not killing does rut seems later and more sporatic. Pulled 2 cameras today and lots of mature does but no decent bucks cruising thru. Wilkes county usual peaks around 3 thru 9th.