Buffing wheels

QuakerBoy

Looking to get some new buffing wheels. Where's a good source for 6" flannel buffing wheels 1/2" arbor. Any suggestions on a good place to order?

Anvil Head

Might try Pops Knife Supplies. Just google them. It's a Georgia own company and competitive prices in the knifemaking genre.
You might also find them at Rockler's Woodworkers Store. There are several stores Lauranceville, Marietta, Douglasville, etc.

QuakerBoy

Might try Pops Knife Supplies. Just google them. It's a Georgia own company and competitive prices in the knifemaking genre.
You might also find them at Rockler's Woodworkers Store. There are several stores Lauranceville, Marietta, Douglasville, etc.
Believe it or not, Rockler has a pretty poor selection. I'll check out oops and see what I find

Big7

The Oracle
MSC Industrial Supply.

If they don't have it, you (or anyone else) don't need it.

They have a paper catalog 6 inches thick you can get free. They also have a massive website with a search function. During business hours, you can contact their Technical Support to get any questions answered.

There is a "will- call" counter at the Mableton, Ga. warehouse. They ship world wide right to your door. With their massave buying power, more often than not, they have the best price on any given item.

What more can a person ask for?

I've posted this many, many times on GON.
LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY WOULD MAKE IT A "STICKY"?

Anvil Head

Not necessarily so Big7. Their assortment of blade making steels is very limited and ridiculously high. Same with quality grinding abrasives (belts & discs). They do however have a lot of other items - it is a huge catalog.

If you don't see it on Pop's website, give them a call Derk or Joey will be able to tell you real quick if they have it or not. They get in new items constantly and some don't make the online list right away.

Big7

The Oracle
Not necessarily so Big7. Their assortment of blade making steels is very limited and ridiculously high. Same with quality grinding abrasives (belts & discs). They do however have a lot of other items - it is a huge catalog.

If you don't see it on Pop's website, give them a call Derk or Joey will be able to tell you real quick if they have it or not. They get in new items constantly and some don't make the online list right away.

I'm not doubting your experience with that company.

That has not been my experience. I've used them for toolroom supplies as far back as I can remember. 99% of the time, they have everything in stock or, if they have to get it from one of their other warehouses, they can get it to you next day for will- call. Even better, they can drop ship straight to your door.

I've even had them Delta- Dash a few things if it's an emergency. That will cost you their regular price + Delta- Dash. They don't even mark that up. You get it at cost.

As far as knife making material, they have just about everything you need. If you are having trouble finding it in the paper or on- line catalogs, I can help you with that.

And... Just north of MSC, McMaster- Carr has a good selection of bars and rounds.

Make a list of what you typically use. I'm sure I can still get my 10% discount at MSC. McMaster- Carr is what it is. Both are top- notch suppliers.

Post or PM me. I can get anything you need. ?

Anvil Head

Thanks for the offer B7, but I have way more supplies than I need or can probably ever use up these days (been at this a long time). Didn't mean to bad mouth MSC (or McM-C), they are a tremendous resource for most supplies. They are just limited in the types of specialty steels and abrasives a lot of us serious knifemakers prefer to use.