Built another simple box blind

Bud Man

1559415264804.png1559415418001.png

Spent about 3 hrs putting this one together last weekend in my shop. Started with a crate that an industrial fan schroud came in and attached the legs and braces , then simply wrapped it with 6' silt fencing I had. The top is the temporary cover that was made while the fan was removed and being repaired. Ladder is home made from conduit and 2x4's and threaded rod . Took me about 2hr to drag to location and stand up right. its about 68" square .Only have about $125.00 in the whole thing. These sure are getting more popular for me as I get ready to retire lol

transfixer

fixed it for you , looks good ! I need to build another one myself for this coming season, guess I should get on it pretty soon ,,,,1559415264804.png1559415418001.png

Bud Man

Thanks for turning the picts. trans fixer , I'm not real good on these computer things.
This is my 2nd shooting house on my property. Have 3 protein and corn feeders running yr. round and see a pile of deer and turkeys. Haven't shot a deer in the three yrs. I've owned the property but will eventually. Really enjoy watching them in the evenings after I come in from work and sitting with the wife enjoying adult beverages. 1 feeder is 60 yrds. from back porch and stays covered up with wildlife.
Good luck to everyone this fall , it will be here before we know it

Jim Boyd

Most excellently done, sir.

Craftsmanship is a great thing.

Yep every year including this one, soon as seasons over. I say (I'm gonna move that one, rebuild that one, put up so and so here and there, and build a couple of those and put em there and there) all before it starts getting hot!! But noooooo!! Do y'all think I've done the first one of them thangs Hey? Dang if it didn't get hot early this year too.

frankwright

We built three this year and got them up before it got too hot. We also had a bulldozier come in and knock back the brush around our food plots and widen and improve the firebreaks.
Shooting will be a bit longer than what I am used too but that box with a rocking office chair is going to be better than being perched on a little hang on stand. Probably be nice when it gets cold if i9t ever does!

Bud Man

I have an x-tra crate and top that would be perfect for someone who wants to build a shooting house free in bartow county if anyone wants it. frame work is already done , add plywood and legs is all it needs.