Built myself a concealment shelf/ concealment table for daughter/concealment flag for son

longbowdave1

Well, the table is done, and I'm going to deliver it to her at the condo in a few hours. Hope she likes it.

Here is a picture of the Decor of of the the Condo revamping, explains why I went with a white painted table. It's a 23" square table ment to set at her bedside, or in her office in the spare bedroom.table 11.jpg

longbowdave1

Here is the table. Made the legs from a Douglass fir 4 x 4 and cut them down to 2 1/2" sq, then tapered 2 sides about a 1/4 " for a gradual taper table leg, to support the weight of the top. The trim around the table base is 3 1/4 base board mounted upside down for a little detail. The concealed drawer is accomplished by setting the opening to the left or right, instead of the front of the table. Soft close slides make for a secure rattle free drawer. Having no drawer pulls, it blends right in and is not noticeabletable 12.jpg.table 15.jpg

Last edited:

longbowdave1

And inside the drawer is a secret message as well, sealed under the lacquer finish, with the date she is moving into her new place.table 16.jpg

Last edited:

longbowdave1

It was another YouTube inspired build. One video on the concrete top how to, another on the concealed drawer table, another on how to make a tapering jig, and even one on how to make a pocket screw jig.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Dave that looks sweet!!!!! Your daughter is going to love it!

longbowdave1

Thanks Coop. I delivered it last night and my daughter was surprised and really liked it. My son saw it as well. He put in an order for a coffee table version when he moves out this fall. Very specific, black table, concrete top with marble effect , one large drawer. LOL.

Here's the table in its new home, she's moving in one week from today.table  18.jpg

longbowdave1

I got a good start on the concealment flag for my son today. Cut all the strips of wood for the flag on the face of the cabinet and painted them. More progress on it tomorrow.

ryanh487

Those look great!

On the coffee table, tell him to consider a hinged/ opening top instead of a drawer. He won't be able to open the drawer with his legs between the sofa and table, and turning the drawer away from the sofa would add time to access. But if all he has to do is lift the top, he can quickly and easily access the contents from multiple angles.

longbowdave1

Thank you. That's a good idea on the raised top, I'll have to give him that decision to make.

Madman

Thanks Coop. I delivered it last night and my daughter was surprised and really liked it. My son saw it as well. He put in an order for a coffee table version when he moves out this fall. Very specific, black table, concrete top with marble effect , one large drawer. LOL.

Here's the table in its new home, she's moving in one week from today.View attachment 965641
I LIKE IT!!

longbowdave1

I LIKE IT!!

Thanks, glad you like it.

Work on the flag will be on hold for a few days while I'm turkey hunting. Got the back box roughed in, and painted the field blue. Got some parts and decals rollin' in as we speak.

longbowdave1

Ok, so I'm back to work on the flag. Just sealing the last coats on the flag /door and then it's final assembly of hinges locks etc....

Should be done sin a day or two. Just in time. graduation is May 16thish.

longbowdave1

With 2 weeks to spare, I completed Mike's concealment flag. He'll graduate around may 16th, but the suspense is killing me, I may give it to him early. He almost caught me working on it a few different times.

I'm not an artist by any means, and not a Law Enforcement officer either. So, I did my best to create a Thin Blue Line flag for him. I'd love to hear comments from any of the Law Eflag 12.jpgflag 14.jpgFlag 11.jpgnforcement members.

I use a few more trick parts on this than I did on my concealment shelf. A programmable RFID lock, gas struts to hold it open, and magnets for holding extra Mags and a few of his knives. The lock came with two cards and two key ring fobs. I put in a pegboard for holding his CCW, that ways its adjustable for different weapons in the future. The board is on about a 10 degree tilt to securely hold the pistol and allow for easy grab if needed. His pistol is a Sig 365, I snuck it away and traced to outline to set the pegs. That's just my cheap gun in the picture.

longbowdave1

It's built from select pine boards. I found a link on the web on all the ratio's of the US Flag. Some I've seen look a little out of kilter, and I tried to do my best to represent old glory.