Bull Sluice/Lawyers Lake

Finally got the kayak back into Lawyers lake this morning but no luck on the bite. Fished a spinner, worm, and then pig and jig but never got a bite. Anyone have any tips on what to fish in there?

Also, the staff at the outfitter place at Morgan falls park were great. Let me use a cart to take the kayak and gear down and back up from the parking lot. Kiddos to them.

weagle

I caught some bass in Willeo creek last week (very top end of the lake). I was fishing a Green Pumpkin Senko worm wacky style. Willeo Creek may not even be considered part of the lake, probably a mile or so upstream. There is a parking lot right next to a back slough on Willeo rd.

IMG_3523.JPGFullSizeRender (52).jpg

Last edited:

Teh Wicked

If you fish towards the Dam you can catch some massive Carp, if you go below the Dam you can catch Shoal Bass and Striped Bass.

Got about 30 mins of fishing time in this afternoon but no luck. Did catch a small hybrid on a big double bladed spinner last weekend. Was right at the input of Wileo Creek into the river just wasting time waiting for the pond by the parking lot to fill up so it was a pleasant surprise.
I did get to meet weagle today, nice guy in case anyone else runs into him. Any luck today weagle?

weagle

Nice meeting you today. I ended up catching 4 small bass up in Willeo Creek. 20170601_125606.JPG20170601_122143.JPG

Last edited:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Hoping you guys will see me down there one day soon in my white G3!
The river sure has been cruddy lately. I can see that the creek water entering the river is clearer than the river water!

weagle

The water back in the creek was pretty clear. I caught all the bass on a senko worm. I lost a nice one (2ish) that hit a white spinner bait right at the mud line between the creek and river. You can see the mud line in front of Boozinbuz in the green kayak in the pic above.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
What size are those yaks?
I recently attempted a float down the river on a 10-footer. It was a no-go. My 6ft 3in, 260 lb center of gravity was way too high and I nearly sank the front end sitting in it. I felt like a bullfrog on a toothpick.

weagle

My Kayak is a Pelican Catch 100. 10ft. I'm 6'2" 225 and it's plenty big enough and stable enough for me. It's not only how long a kayak is, but also how the hull is designed. Most of the 12 ft fishing kayaks are super stable.

[imf]