Bushnell Elite?

lonewolf247

I was just randomly searching different riflescope brands, and when I went to the Bushnell website, it appears that maybe the Bushnell Elite 3500/4500 riflescopes have been discontinued? I know it wasn't very long ago that the Elite 3200, and 4200 were discontinued, and replaced with the 3500/4500 series, which seemed to be pretty similar and a slight upgrade. Now when I go to the website, the only riflescopes badged Elite, are the Elite Tactical, which are north of $1000, and some $2000.

Not that I'm really interested in buying an Elite hunting scope, but just more curious, why the basic Hunting style Elite scopes are gone? They seem to have an entire new lineup of available scopes, like the Forge, Nitro, Prime, and Engage.

Is this just a marketing strategy to have to recreate almost their entire lineup every so often? I always thought their elite line of scopes, was a very respected and successful line, from Bushnell.

Like I said, I'm just curious and looking to gain some insight.

https://www.bushnell.com/Products/Riflescopes?page=1

wareagle700

Bushnell has gotten into the "Chinese made budget wannabe tactical scope" game. They don't even make a good basic hunting scope without going with the LRHS or LRTSi.

lonewolf247

Bushnell has gotten into the "Chinese made budget wannabe tactical scope" game. They don't even make a good basic hunting scope without going with the LRHS or LRTSi.

I haven't bought a Bushnell in years. The last Model I owned was the Bushnell Scope Chief 6. Prolly showing my age there, as many people never heard of it. lol:rolleyes:

It was a clear and crisp scope back in it's day. It would rival and possibly exceed the current Redfield and Leupold scopes, from a light transmission standpoint, however, every season I'd have to re-zero, and tweak it a little bit. I used it for 15 years till it lost it's nitrogen. They refurbished it for me and I sold the rifle and scope shortly after.

Now the Elite series was a great hunting scope bar none! My brother hunted with one 20 years. He even dropped the rifle and scope, from a the stand 15' up, unloaded of coarse, and no damage. Had to make a small adjustment on his zero, and back to hunting again.

I'm afraid your right though, it seems they are desperate to make a good scope, or at least, compete in the market today. I think they are trying to re-invent themselves every few years.