Butler Island

Sling

Butler Island this Saturday. First time hunting there as we usually hunt Denton. Any experienced info is appreciated.

critterbait

Take plenty of bug spray , be prepared for a ton of sky busting around you and depending on the blind you draw you might get to shoot. There are some birds there If you have the patience to sit out through the 1st pick up which is usually at 9am most of your TV duck hunters will pull out and you might see some birds that are not being shot at 10 miles away. It is fun though I enjoy it when I go. Good luck

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Try to eat at B&J’s steak and shrimp, that will make the trip better, diver decoys will be helpful, with a few teal, but don’t take too many to save room. Once the skybusters leave birds start to trickle back in.

Sling

Try to eat at B&J’s steak and shrimp, that will make the trip better, diver decoys will be helpful, with a few teal, but don’t take too many to save room. Once the skybusters leave birds start to trickle back in.
Actually we are going down Thursday to try fishing in one of the creeks if we can find a place, and we are planning to go to B&Js - so that's good to hear!

Blackston

Mud cats ain't bad either

Watch the Local Police . They love to write tickets. Do the speed limit.

across the river

I haven't been in years, but I assume they still have you fill out an index card and draw those cards for blinds from a five gallon bucket. There will be 3 blinds(rice fields) out of the 30 that the birds that are there will have been sitting on all week. Those are the three spots all of the birds are flying to at daylight. You really want to get one of those 3 blinds. If you don't get one, your chances to shoot decoying birds go to slim to none as everything you see will have already be shot out by those three blinds and then sky busted by are the blinds between you and the three good spots. In the past times I've been, they pulled for those good blinds first and just filled in the rest. If that is still the case, even if you get there early, you want to be one of the last groups to put your card in the bucket. They shake the bucket a couple of times, but it doesn't mix them up well. In my experience, the last cards in are typically the first cards pulled for those good blinds. If it is a typical hunt with some, but not a ton of birds, those three blinds will probably kill more birds than the other 25+ combined. It is well worth doing everything you can to up your chances.

TexasRed45

My buddies and i just did the same deal. went down thursday night, fished friday, and hunted saturday. the storm ruined fishing, and the hunt wasn't all that good (my buddies haven't got it in them to sit till noon). But it was fun! and b&j's was probably the highlight! Good luck too you. if you get a river blind you might be alright!