Buying Airline Tickets On Line...

swamp hunter

Need to swing my Nephew on down South here...
I'd like to do a Round way from Montrose Colorado..That's Solid Elk Country by the way..
Like to bring him down in late Sept. , Let himcatch a Tarpon , Shoot a Gator , Get some Hogs.
Things that can,t be done out West .
Fly him into S.Fla.
Buying the Tickets on line , Well there's plenty and lot's of prices.
I'm not really price shopping but I'd like a reliable source that will be solid.
What say you Ticket Masters...

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I have used CheapTickets several times with No issues.

Some airlines don’t use others to sell for them. Southwest is like that

treemanjohn

Banned
I have tried Travelocity and Priceline. Several other companies like it and I've honestly found better deals going straight to the airline. Just put in your approximate dates and sort by cheapest rate. Midweek, first flight out, and late evenings seem to be the cheapest

WishboneW

RSW is expensive to fly in and out. I have better results flying out or I to Tampa. FLL may be good for you as you have kin there

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Just remember using a third party source for purchasing a ticket doesn't allow for refunds and other perks that you may get purchasing directly from the airline.

GeorgiaBob

My wife was using Travelocity for booking a trip this fall. The airline cancelled our return flight and Travelocity was NOT "perfect" in their responses. It took dozens of emails, four phone calls, over three hours on the phone, three rebooking mistakes (that they, finally, admitted were entirely their fault) and finally, the "supervisor's" supervisor who my wife finally dealt with, proclaiming that it was my wife's fault for choosing to fly!

I am not feeling a lot of confidence about recommending Travelocity to anyone!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Not sure what airlines fly out of Montrose.
Some tips, Monday and Friday are heavy business travel days and fares are higher.
Shop travel days during the week. Tuesday and Wednesday are historically a little cheaper.
If you can fly from and to a major airport helps also.

NOYDB

BANNED
It can be less expensive to fly to a smaller airport and rent a car to complete the trip. It varies hourly and if you see as rate you like lock it in.

know what you want and what conditions you can accept. You can waste more time trying for the perfect quote, than you might save.

swamp hunter

Montrose , Western Slope to Denver , EasternSlope to Dallas or Atlanta to Ft' Meyers Fla.
Tampa is out cause I'll be towing a boat nd it's 3 1/2 hours away.
I like the tip about flying Mid Week..

JackSprat

Montrose , Western Slope to Denver , EasternSlope to Dallas or Atlanta to Ft' Meyers Fla.

Supposedly Wednesday is the cheapest day to book a flight.

Others say that is not true.

NOYDB

BANNED
All the airlines use software to maximize revenue for flights. So do the car rentals and hotel rentals. If you belong to a group that gets you a discount (maybe thru work) use it.

Find the flights you like and lock them in. Good luck and enjoy the trip.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

Compare cost difference of flying to Tampa and using Uber to your location vs flying to Ft Myers.