Buying Land -- Best Website for properties for sale

mattuga

Banned
It seems there are a handful of sites that are like Zillow but they don't seem to all host the same properties like the home real estate market.

I have a small budget for the land purchase of $50k, would be a full cash or 50%+ down payment depending on the land prospects. The small budget is $50k and I want to be near a river, not in a hurry to buy and will hold the cash in safe area quickly liquid.

Benefits of having a buyer broker and negatives?

I for one have no need to a real estate agent if there is a good website like Zillow. Knowing that is unlikely what is expected of a land real estate agent buying such a small plot?

mattuga

Banned
Landwatch, landflip are what I generally use. I don’t use an agent.
Also landandfarm.com...

I assumed those were the ones but it is frustrating how terrible the searches are setup and real estate agents or land agents are terrible how they post details. I didn't think a land agent would be less useful than the real estate agents I've dealt with.

Mexican Squealer, I'm looking for a duck swamp. Anything to watch out for?

Last edited:

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
With Zillow you used to could put in custom size of acreage, like 30, 35, 40 ac, etc.
I have noticed that recently your choices are 20 ac, 50 ac, etc, which means if you're looking for 35 or 40 acres you have to sift through a lot of smaller properties.
Lands of America is another site. Quite often I see the same properties on Zillow & Lands of America.

georgia_home

Gon.com used to have the sponsor section which included real estate groups. I haven’t checked there lately, but it was a good source before. Have a peek.

tad1

Southern Land Exchange out of Athens.
Also really make sure you are talking to a lot of people. Let them know what you’re looking for and you never know if somebody’s cousin is looking to move his property. May be able to find A pretty fair deal without any agents involved. Looks like time is on your side! Good luck

Mexican Squealer

I assumed those were the ones but it is frustrating how terrible the searches are setup and real estate agents or land agents are terrible how they post details. I didn't think a land agent would be less useful than the real estate agents I've dealt with.

Mexican Squealer, I'm looking for a duck swamp. Anything to watch out for?

We have cash and I am not thinking the stock market is a move right now unless a tax benefit investment. I've never had this kinda money without a place to go via good tax moves.

I’m going to send you a pm either today or tomorrow that might help. Swamp land is typically a bad investment and I have bought several tracts that I shouldn’t have all to kill ducks on. There is a lot to consider to make it where you will come out. Glad to help any way I can as I’ve made some mistakes and had some successes.

madsam

Zillow is not dependable . Find a land brokerage in your area and find an agent. You will be
glad you did. Use a seasoned agent and remember you don't pay him , the
Seller pays his commission. Nothing to loose, and you will gain a plethora of
knowledge and information.

Last edited: