C Sharps Arms 1874

pacecars

I just picked up my first C Sharps Arms 1874 today and must say I am very impressed. Pretty light for a Sharps and should make an excellent hunting gun. Can’t wait til the weekend to see how she shoots!

Reactions: Dub

Lilly001

They sure have some pretty guns on that web site.

pacecars

Yes they do. This It is an 1874 Bridgeport rifle with some options. I bought it from Bill Goodman and called CSA and asked about it. It was one of John Schoffstall‘s personal guns he has built. It has fancy wood, checkering, cheek piece with shadow line, silver nose cap, 28 inch half round barrel in .45-70, CSA midrange vernier sight and serial number 74-1500. I will take off the vernier sight off and use the barrel sight for hunting. It is almost too pretty to hunt with but I will do it anyway. The first scratch always hurts the worst

pdsniper

I have a 1774 Shiloh sharps long range express in 4570 and I have a 6x 1886 Winchester scope on it, I hunt GA and Iowa with it, they are stupid accurate
you need to try the Black horn 209 powder in it got fantastic groups with it and out shot every other powder I tried in it smokeless and black, enjoy your new rifle they are fantastic rifles and very well made, post us a picture !!!

pacecars

4518-D628-BDD6-4723-8672-6-FF9-E3754-FCE.jpg

I only shoot black powder in all my Sharps. Mostly paper patch

pacecars

A little bit of ammo to try and see how she shoots
9-A0-C901-A-C118-46-D3-B99-D-BC7-A3-CB631-D2.jpg

pdsniper

Shot my sharps yesterday wanted to try a load I worked up with my BP compression Die I was able to get a 90 gn charge in my 4570 with no problem with swiss target BP with a 300 gn Sierra hunting hollow point and boy did it shoot fantastic dead centered the target first shot with very little recoil, looks like you got some heavy bullets there to shoot 500 gn +