Cable saw for pelvic bone

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Are you talking about the true tenderloins, or the backstraps?

I was talking about the true tenderloins inside the body cavity and a guy posted he had a secret to get them out without gutting the deer and then his post was deleted:huh:

You can get the tenderloins out without opening the abdominal cavity. It involves removing the backstraps first.

I'd like to know how to do that. I usually just open the abdominal cavity far enough to get the tenderloins out, then cut the spinal column a couple inches below the hindquarters to get rid of the extra weight before I disjoint the hams from the pelvis.

Handgunner

I don't split the pelvis for three reasons. One, it's a pain in the butt. Two, it leaves bone dust on the meat which I've heard causes the meat in that area to taste bad. Three, I don't have to remove the bladder or the rectum.

I remove the hams from the pelvis by following the bone and disjointing the ball and socket joints.
Me three.

It's easier that way.

Handgunner

I'd like to know how to do that. I usually just open the abdominal cavity far enough to get the tenderloins out, then cut the spinal column a couple inches below the hindquarters to get rid of the extra weight before I disjoint the hams from the pelvis.
Same here. Just open it up enough to let the chest/guts drop a bit, and then carve out the tenderloins.

hudalla

I have used the but out and it takes a little bit of practice, ok alot of practice. First time i used it i messed it up, the second time it worked but not very efectively.