Calls You Own

boparks

I don't have any custom calls, but...

I do have 2 Lohman Thunderdomes that I would not sell for $1000 each. Nearly every bird I have killed since 95 has fallen to this call. They don't make them anymore. I did I have 3, but I wore one of them completely out. I used the call so much that the call eventually got a whole in the middle of the slate. Finally it gave up the ghost and the slate fell apart.

If anybody here has one and wants to sell it I will gladly

send you $100's for everyone you have.

I remember those sman. Not sure but I think that was Ricky Joes creation for Lohman

I'm partially deaf in one ear because of turning one towards me when i was cutting on it

Somehow I have been able to hold on to the striker that
came with it but not sure about the call

I'll look around and see if I still have it..if I do I'll give it to you.

Gut_Pile

I don't have any custom calls, but...

I do have 2 Lohman Thunderdomes that I would not sell for $1000 each. Nearly every bird I have killed since 95 has fallen to this call. They don't make them anymore. I did I have 3, but I wore one of them completely out. I used the call so much that the call eventually got a whole in the middle of the slate. Finally it gave up the ghost and the slate fell apart.

If anybody here has one and wants to sell it I will gladly send you $100's for everyone you have.

The final ingredient to the 7 year secret :banana:

Watch out turkeys...now I know!

sman

I remember those sman. Not sure but I think that was Ricky Joes creation for Lohman

I'm partially deaf in one ear because of turning one towards me when i was cutting on it

Somehow I have been able to hold on to the striker that
came with it but not sure about the call

I'll look around and see if I still have it..if I do I'll give it to you.

If you do and you don't use it by all means let me know. I don't have any of the orginal strikers left. If you find I will meet you whenever and where ever I need to. I am a rep for a chicken and turkey equipment company and travel all of GA, SC, and a small part of North FL. Say the word and I am there. It would be nice to meet you in person one day anyway this would just be an added bonus.

sman

The final ingredient to the 7 year secret :banana:

Watch out turkeys...now I know!

That is just wrong!!!!

You still work at Bass Pro in Macon? I keep going by the archery dept every so often and haven't seen you yet.

boparks

If you do and you don't use it by all means let me know. I don't have any of the orginal strikers left. If you find I will meet you whenever and where ever I need to. I am a rep for a chicken and turkey equipment company and travel all of GA, SC, and a small part of North FL. Say the word and I am there. It would be nice to meet you in person one day anyway this would just be an added bonus.

Consider the striker yours and I'll look for the call Saturday. I can mail it to you although it would be great to meet you after all this time......and you can give me
personal guidance on the 7 Year Secret Thing

sman

Consider the striker yours and I'll look for the call Saturday. I can mail it to you although it would be great to meet you after all this time......and you can give me
personal guidance on the 7 Year Secret Thing

You and gut pile both are killing me.

I didn't realize you were living in Canton. I have been working with a Tyson farmer up there for the last 4 months on some of our equipment. Been staying at the Holiday Inn Express right behind Crackel Barrell. Need to let me take you to supper one night, my treat.

boparks

You and gut pile both are killing me.

I didn't realize you were living in Canton. I have been working with a Tyson farmer up there for the last 4 months on some of our equipment. Been staying at the Holiday Inn Express right behind Crackel Barrell. Need to let me take you to supper one night, my treat.

Im not 2 miles away from the Cracker Barrell. Love to hook up with you

Wacenturion

A chest full of calls that I've collected over the years which include.....Lamar Williams (several boxes and paddles), Frank Cox (several trumpets and pot calls), Doug Camp (several box calls and paddles), old Lynches (50's-60's), to mention a few.

Recent additions......several nice pot calls from Tim (Rutnstrut)...one in particular he parted with.

Too many other calls to remember. Too lazy this late to go through the display case. Mostly older factory stuff from 30-40 years ago as well as other call makers.

Had a few chances to buy an occasional Neil Cost call within reason, and recall thinking...man...I've got too many calls already...I passed.....dah:banginghe

Do have a nice autographed Neil Cost NWTF Chapter cap though in the case though right next to one from Walter Parrot...that he gave to me after hunting with him back in the 90's.

returntoarchery

Nothing really special except for Tim Sandford's 3.25" Copper over Glass and Tommy Walton's Call Girl. My Dymanic Calls Slate over Glass in black cherry is pretty good. Have several box calls but nothing in the class as have been mentioned before.

Am expecting another Tim Sandford call as I've got another one of his in the works. After the huge success with his copper pot, I gave him another challenge.

Last edited:

muddpuppi

Bo, I hate to even think about listing them. Makes me think of all the money I've spent down through the years. But I have a few.

Mark dont be shy now ya know ya wife wont hurt ya...lol....i know 2 ya got and 1 ya will be usin come spring....by the way i made it over...lol...

swamppirate

Perfection Screamin Demon
HS Black Magic

2 Old (1970's) Lynch box Calls

HS Split V IV

M Sharpe

3CB

Probably missed a few!!!
Box calls

Marlin Watkins, fiddle box
Albert Paul, Cost short box
No Bull CC/ Tim Bullock, pee wee
Reynold's, Carolina long box
Twisting Creek Calls/Jeff McKamey, Cost Short box
Primos, box cutter
Twin pines, half moon box
Misfire, cost short box
Dad's, long box
Ken Spencer, Cost short box
JC calls long box
my own style short box and Cost style long box calls

Pots

Cody
Pappy's
Light out custom calls / several
Madhatter, aluminium
Slaton custom call, titanium surface and ceramic
Woodhaven, several
Southland, Bronze glass
Madd

push pull

Camp caller
Payne

Scratchers
Reynolds Little hybred
Charlie Parish

Trumpets
Home made wing bone
Tim Clayton custom calls Cherry and derlin

GADAWGS

box calls-
Marlin Watkins
Bob Harwell
Al Shoemaker
David Mills
Charles Anderson
Larry Gresser
Jack Scott

pot calls-
Alex Williams
Arlen TenKley
AJ calls
Genes Custom
Steve Reeves
Alan Sentell
Heirloom

trumpets-
Pappy's
Alan Sentell
Dave Constantine
Turpin

gobble box-
Tom Brunning

trough calls-
Tom Brunning
Shorty Scheidiger

scratch box-
Al Shoemaker
Mel Cumbus ( my favorite)

tube calls-
David Mills
Matt McClain

wingbones-
Gerry Bramblett

Last edited:

rutandstrut

Here are a few of my Turkey Calls...Some of the ones that stand out in my mind are: Lamar Williams 1997 Boat Paddle, Albert Paul Ebony and Holy Henry Davis Short Box, Wildtalker Snakewood and Holly 20 Check Box, Frank Hegler French Walnut Trumpet Call, Wildtalker Delrin Trumpet Call, Charlie Parrish Box Calls etc. etc. I have a whole other Cabinet full of calls that I don't have a picture of!

callcollectionfirstandsecondshelves.jpg

callcollectionthirdandfourthshelves.jpg

callcollectionfifthandsixthshelves.jpg

callcollection2.jpg

Last edited:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I have some calls from the most talented callmakers on this forum. Here is one that was made by my Grandfather, when he was a boy. This one is close to 100 years old now.

Attachments

• MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,304