Camouflage Vest ?

Catfish369

I believe the rules say something like "500 solid square inches worn above the waist".

But that being what it is, I've seen people wear the camo vests and no solid at all.

Jim Ammons

I wear camo hunter orange, if it has 500 square inches or more above the waist it is legal for Georgia. I also wear a camo orange cap often. I have never been question by a Ranger.

duke13

Anyone (including archery hunters) hunting deer, bear or feral hog during the firearms/primitive weapons deer or bear seasons, or anyone accompanying such person must at all times wear at least 500 square inches of hunter orange as an outer garment above the waist.

Doesn't say "solid" I have several camo orange vests, my favorite is from Cabelas, it's a fleece orange vest with black tree limbs criss crossing it. I have talked to several wardens while wearing it and they never mentioned it to me. I'm sure if it was not legal they would have written me a ticket. They generally don't miss an opportunity! :whip:

The key is 500 sq. inches. I generally go a little extra on orange. I'll wear an orange camo hat when walking to the stand and if I am carrying a climber or backpack I'll put another orange vest on the back of it since it covers mine. Once i'm in the stand the camo orange vest stays on but the hat and other vest go in my pack until I'm ready to hit the ground again.

seminoleslayer

A Guy In My Club In Jones Was Walking To His Truck And A Warden Rode By And Got Out And Said You Know That Long Sleeve Orange Camo Shirt Isn't Legal.no Ticket Given Just Warned

frankwright

I wear the Cabela's short camo blaze vest. I wear a blaze cap with it. Cabelas says all their blaze vests are 600 sq in and their blaze camo's are 50/50.

I wear the cap because I usually have a big camo fanny pack or carrying a treestand and it hides a lot of the orange vest so the hat is extra protection.

Vectorman

I wear the Cabelas full length Camo Orange Vest. I've worn it at Ossabaw and while talking to several Game Wardens in the field and no one ever said anything about it.

Vectorman