Camper roof leak

Buford_Dawg

Went down to deer camp last weekend and my camper had leaked quite a bit around one of the ceiling vents. I could not find any other areas on the camper of a leak. The camper is only 4 years old and have the rubber roof which supposedly lasts much longer than the old metal roofs. Anyway, I got up on top of the camper and the vent seemed very well sealed. I went ahead and got some rubber roof compound and re-applied sealant all around the vent. My question is this. The roof itself slopes from middle to the sides of the camper, so water can not stand on the roof :clap: , however do any of you know if the roof was actually leaking from some other place, is there a subroof under the rubber roof where the water might flow to such as this vent and therefore give me false impression as to where the leak really is?

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I can't answer your question, though to insure you fixed the leak, you may want to take a water hose and try spraying water on the top especially around the vent to see if it's still leaking. That is if you have water available at your camp and you haven't done so already.

Good luck with it, I know water leaks can be a bear to find.

Meriwether Mike

Check for a hair line crack in the plastic vent cover. I had one get cracked in a hail storm and you could not see it was cracked till you pressed on it.

southernclay

Cracks, wind dould be blowing water back under somewhere? Good luck