Campfire meats........will and won’t eats

ugajay

I prefer deer heart over any cut of meat off a deer including back straps and tenderloin. Grilled or fried, it's delicious. I just had my last two about a week ago so looking forward to some more. I have buddies who save them for me. I'm just glad they don't like them

tbrown913

I couldn't do the lungs. I have killed numerous deer that when I put them up on the skinning rack green ooze/pus/snot runs out of their nose. It was like a months worth of a sinus infection pouring out at once...

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I have to admit .. I would try them! And probably more than once! And I would venture to say there is a high probability that I would like them! There is not many things I won't eat ... And the more bizarre it is the more I like it! I know .. It's weird! But I'm just being honest!
To me when you get down to it ... Meat is just meat!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not much on eating animal guts. If I got hungry enough I would. I’m not that hungry right now.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would’ve thought out of all folks on here, you’d be first in line considering you rarely waste much on a deer!
Yeah, I try to use as much of one as I can, but I just don't really like the taste of liver and other organ meats. I've saved the liver and heart to use as catfish bait before, and tried making a bowstring from cleaned gut one time. I have saved the brains for hide tanning, too.