Camping on little Tybee -- Advice? (Report)

Sharkfighter

It looks like a friend and I are going to yak over to little Tybee 2-4 Nov. Any advice on spots to camp on island? I have been there several times but never camped there. want to try some surf fishing but also scout the creeks and try for trout. and maybe Sheepshead if we can catch some fiddlers

mdgreco191

We always camp about halfway down with Georgia Kayak Fishing in the Spring. There are plenty of trees for hammocks and flat spots for tents. Check out @HydraYak on youtube for videos of the trips. You can see where we camped in those videos.

phishyatl

I went to beach's hammock about 3 years ago and camped right on the entrance of Bull River (south east side of Little Tybee). Caught my first bull red in the surf on cut mullet. Up the river is plenty of trout - though when I went it was too windy to fish from my Yak. I'm going out week after next with friends, please post a report!

Sharkfighter

I went to beach's hammock about 3 years ago and camped right on the entrance of Bull River (south east side of Little Tybee). Caught my first bull red in the surf on cut mullet. Up the river is plenty of trout - though when I went it was too windy to fish from my Yak. I'm going out week after next with friends, please post a report!

We were closer to the North East Side. I guess about a 3rd of way down, the island. Had no luck on Reds but picked up some whiting , crabs and a few trout. Was real fun and cant wait to go again1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Wow great llookin time there buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharkfighter

Wow great llookin time there buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is a good camp site. there were at least 5 other groups camping along the same stretch of beach..... saw people catching sheepshead but we did not see any fiddlers, next time I will bring some

phishyatl

it is a good camp site. there were at least 5 other groups camping along the same stretch of beach..... saw people catching sheepshead but we did not see any fiddlers, next time I will bring some

Got out here today. Got skunked. Popping cork with DOA didn’t take a hit all day. Tomorrow, we are going surfside.