Can’t kill big bucks dog hunting...

Well it all started by getting invited to a end of the year dog hunt by a buddy of mine. Had several good drives that morning with several deer being killed by other standers. After lunch we went to the other side of the hunting club’s tract of land. Several packs of dogs had already ran deer in circles and to other standers, so the dog men told us (standers) to move down the road a piece and he was going to turn the dogs lose on the other side of us. Well he turned out the dogs and when they jumped the deer, they headed straight to where I was just standing! (500 yards away) So I took off running and when I got just about to where I was originally standing, I stopped, and could hear the deer coming through the swamp. I held my gun up in the road and when the bucknhit the road, I shot. He front flipped and that was when I seen how GIANT he was! He regained his footing and kept going. Shot a pine tree on the 2nd shot, must’ve been looking at horns on the 3rd shot because I hit him in the horns with a pellet, and the 4th shot he fell again. There’s nothing like experiencing the tradition of hunting deer with dogs.DFDDB229-7052-4FD7-B4CA-B0D0EBB8A3FC.jpegF952B2D1-9113-470B-912E-8B091EA96D48.jpeg

Blackston

It's like a dove shoot on a club that feeds all year then dog hunts it at the end of the year !!! What a buck. Bunch of them old dog hunting clubs round your way. Have been producing some giants Congrats!!!!

swamp hunter

Great Job !!
I hunt in Dog Hunt Central here in Florida ...

sleepr71

Great buck! I bet that was exciting as u know what! A good taxidermist can remake that brow tine(I’m guessing it got broke by a pellet?)

Blackston

Speaking of good taxis he's right up the road from one of the best. Charlie Douglas !!!!!!

Hunter922

That is a good one to say the least.

Tmpr111

Grew up dog hunting, we ran walkers and beagles of course, but our two best dogs were July hounds. Many folks don’t know what those are when I mention em.

mattuga

Banned
I’ve heard it several times... also “ there’s no skill involved in dog hunting” “it’s cheating” “unfair”..... I guess it takes skill shooting one standing STILL in a corn pile

Haha, I've never been on a dog hunt but that sure is a good point!