Can a convicted felon hunt with.............

2789britt

just check with your local sheriffs department on if you can aND IF SO HOW TO GET YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS RESTORED BY DUE LEGAL PROCESS.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
For those that think a muzzleloader is NOT a firearm under ga law.

This is from the GA Board of pardon and parole's FAQ website:

Can I bow-hunt even if I do not receive a pardon or restoration of rights?
Yes, you may bow-hunt without a pardon or restoration of rights.

Is a muzzle loader considered a firearm?
Yes, a muzzle loader is considered a firearm.

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/opencms/opencms/

T

mhayes

Well T,
Ain't that why Bo and Luke used dem bow's against ol'Boss Hogg??:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Ya figure at least Georgia boy's would know this fact after that documentary "The Dukes of Hazard'.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mike

hehehehehe!!!

I just enjoying reading this. I never understood why you can mail order a BP gun, powder and bullets. But have to go to a FFl for other firearms. I know that is the way it is but just don't understand. If a felon wants to get a gun in his hands and can't get someone to sell him one person to person all he has to do is order one from bass pro. Then he can still break into a house or store and shoot some one. Just don't think you will see him in a street battle aginst some one with a 9 or 40.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
hehehehehe!!!

I just enjoying reading this. I never understood why you can mail order a BP gun, powder and bullets. But have to go to a FFl for other firearms. I know that is the way it is but just don't understand. .

The problem is you are using common sense and logic when trying to understand government and laws. ;)

T

tournament fisher

if you keep your nose clean and dont mess up during your probation then after the probation is over and you have waited 5 years then you can apply to the board for rights restoration however if you get caught while on probation with a gun hunting you can forget it forever. now to answer the question about hunting with a buddy and he has a gun and you have your bow---here is the answer--if the gun is locked in a case and he is in total control of the key and firearm at all times then yes you can take your buddy hunting. i am quoting this from a dnr officer i talked to at their office last year. you can even work as a guide on a plantation but remember in no way can you put a finger on that gun. that means if you are guiding someone and they get hurt you cant even take their gun back to the truck. you will have to get someone else to retrieve the gun. just do the right thing and before you know it you can get your rights restored unless you are a drug trafficker or sentenced to a mental hospital. the big problem is the federal law. even if you get your state rights back you still cant possess one by federal law so if a federal ranger really wanted to be hard on you he could. most possession by felon cases are usually just given more probation if caught by a state ranger but if the atf picks up the charge then its 10 years to the door. I THINK ITS BULLCRAP FOR THE VERY FEW FELONS THAT REALLY CHANGE THEIR LIVES AND THERE ARE SOME THAT REALLY DO!!!!!!!!