Can a Man Be Saved from Sin or Born Again More Than Once?

Matt. 25:31"But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
All the nations were gathered before him. He separated the sheep from the goats.

This was just the start correct? I mean Jesus is still on his glorious throne today judging and separating?

It's funny but even futurists believe Jesus is doing this daily. One dies a physical death, then they are judged by Jesus sitting on his throne, and their souls go to be with God or are sent to He11/eternal death.

Unless they believe in some type of holding place for souls until a future return and judgement. If this is true, wouldn't both the souls of the saved and unsaved be in the same holding place?

The sheep;

35For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, 36I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.’ 37Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink?38When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39When did we see You sick or in prison and visit You?’ 40And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’

The goats;

42For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ 44And they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’45Then the King will answer, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me.’

Was this criteria for judging the sheep and goats just while Jesus was walking the earth and leading up to his return in 70AD or does it continue today?

Why did or does Jesus need a criteria for judging as it pertains to works? I would think he'd separate based on eternal security or election.
Something along the lines of "OK, all of you Christians over here and all of the others over here." While it is true that Christians produce the fruit required to be sheep, I still wonder why Jesus stresses the fruit instead of eternal security or election.

Regardless, I don't thing it'll be or it was a one day process.

Last edited:
you have a crown?
Not literally but....

Rev.1:6 does say this:
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

And then there's this:

Revelation 3:21
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

And this:

2 Timothy 2:12
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Israel

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

hobbs27

Yep... Unfortunately only 24 people loved his appearing.

Last edited:

Israel

Yep... Unfortunately only 24 people loved his appearing.
Is that true to you? Only 24 who have loved and love His appearing?

Romans 9:25
Concerning the Gentiles, God says in the prophecy of Hosea, "Those who were not my people, I will now call my people. And I will love those whom I did not love before."

(I've never really got a good reason why God didn't love the Gentiles before.)

Romans 9:27
Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea, only the remnant will be saved.

Romans 9:33
God warned them of this in the Scriptures when he said, "I am placing a stone in Jerusalem that makes people stumble, a rock that makes them fall. But anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced."

(This stone that caused Jerusalem to stumble was Christ. Read on as to why the Stumbling Stone was a part of God's master plan in regards to Jerusalem stumbling. God wanted Jerusalem to stumble.)

Romans 10:14
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

Romans 10:16
But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?"

Romans 10:20
And Isaiah boldly says, "I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me."

Romans 11:1-2
1I ask then, did God reject His people? Certainly not! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2God did not reject His people, whom He foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says about Elijah, how he appealed to God against Israel.

Romans 11:5
It is the same today, for a few of the people of Israel have remained faithful because of God's grace--his undeserved kindness in choosing them.

(Remember the stumbling stone that God placed in Jerusalem? Remember what criteria God used to elect the Remnant? What is grace? What made the Remnant faithful? Were they chosen based on their works?)

Isaiah 8:14-15
14"Then He shall become a sanctuary; But to both the houses of Israel, a stone to strike and a rock to stumble over, And a snare and a trap for the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 15"Many will stumble over them, Then they will fall and be broken; They will even be snared and caught."

( Look what Jesus was. First he was a rock for Jerusalem to stumble over, a snare and a trap for Jerusalem. Then snared and caught. From one extreme to the next.)

Romans 11:8
as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day."

Romans 11:11
Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

(Remember the stumbling stone God placed in Jerusalem? Did it work?)

Romans 11:25-26
25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will remove godlessness from Jacob.

Predestined intervention? God's intervention based on man's ever changing plan? God basing his plan on our plan?

Oh the stumbling stone;

Romans 11:29-32
29For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable. 30Just as you who formerly disobeyed God have now received mercy through their disobedience, 31so they too have now disobeyed, in order that they too may now receive mercy through the mercy shown to you.
32For God has consigned all men to disobedience, so that He may have mercy on them all.

Last edited:
Isaiah 8:15
And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

(Many shall stumble. Many will be snared, and be taken.)

Two different things?

Jas 5:19-20 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

So very simple to understand. A brother, that was once among the saved, that wanders from the truth is headed for death (spiritual death as was already described in Jas 1). He has a multitude of uncovered sins.

IF, someone brings him back, he saves his soul from death and a multitude of sins are covered. What if he is NOT brought back?

2 Pet 2:20 -22 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”

This is so plain a person would need help to misunderstand it.

A person is washed and becomes entangled again and it would have been better for him to have NEVER known the way of righteousness?

How could this be possible if OSAS were true.? It CAN'T. OSAS is the one of the biggest lies that Satan has deceived men with.

I seriously could go on and on with scripture, but if anyone rejects these, they will reject others also, so what is the point?

Thread starter #197
Peter once converted

Peter was once converted, sanctified, and justified. After this Jesus foretold of backsliding and the need of conversion again: "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: but I have prayed for thee that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen the brethren. And he said unto him Lord I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death [in other words, I am converted and will stay true to thee]. And he said I tell thee, peter, the cock shall not crow this day before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me" (Luke 22:31-34).
Denying Christ and committing sin constitutes backsliding and makes one a sinner. "Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin" applies to Peter as it does to everyone since. He cursed and swore and therefore had a moral fall and needed conversion, as well as anyone else who would do this (Mark 14:66-72). He went out immediately and repented and was converted again, fulfilling the prophecy of Jesus of his backsliding and conversion. Thus he was converted twice after meeting Jesus.

Thread starter #198
2 Tim. 2:25, 26.

In 2 Tim. 2:25, 26, Paul speaks of the possibility of men "who concerning the truth have erred" and who "overthrow the faith of some" ( 2 Tim. 2:18), that they could come back to "repentance and acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who were taken captive by him at his will" What would this recovery be but reconversion and a new birth again? It is exactly a restoration from a moral fall as when they were first born again.

Last edited:
Thread starter #199
When Paul spoke of the flesh he referred to the sins of the flesh, as in Gal. 5:19-21. He added that "they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God" The were going back to idolatry again, and he was afraid his labour had been in vain (Gal. 3:8-11). He told them to stand fast in liberty wherewith Christ had made them free, and stated that they were "fallen from grace" (Gal. 5:1-7). He plainly told them that "once in grace always in grace " was not true in their case.

When Paul spoke of the flesh he referred to the sins of the flesh, as in Gal. 5:19-21. He added that "they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God" The were going back to idolatry again, and he was afraid his labour had been in vain (Gal. 3:8-11). He told them to stand fast in liberty wherewith Christ had made them free, and stated that they were "fallen from grace" (Gal. 5:1-7). He plainly told them that "once in grace always in grace " was not true in their case.
Do you see the group in Romans 1 as such a group? Returning or exchanging worshiping God for that of idols.

Romans 1:21-23
Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.
22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images of mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.