Can a Man Be Saved from Sin or Born Again More Than Once?

Thread starter #201
When Paul spoke of the flesh he referred to the sins of the flesh, as in Gal. 5:19-21. He added that "they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God" The were going back to idolatry again, and he was afraid his labour had been in vain (Gal. 3:8-11). He told them to stand fast in liberty wherewith Christ had made them free, and stated that they were "fallen from grace" (Gal. 5:1-7). He plainly told them that "once in grace always in grace " was not true in their case.
He told those who had not fallen how to restore those who had fallen: "Brethren if a man be overtaken in a fault [Greek, sin], ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted" (Gal. 6:1). This proves that saved men can sin and must be restored to be saved. He warned that those who had not sinned should take heed lest they also sin. If a man who has sinned needs restoration, then he needs the new birth as much as any other sinner, and must have again moral change that comes with the new birth, or be lost like any other sinner. (Gal. 5:19-21). Paul continued by telling the Galatians that what a man sowed he would reap. This applies to the saint as well as the sinner. How often a man sows, that often he will reap (Gal. 6:7, 8). A man might as well argue, once sowed always sowed, and no reaping is necessary, or once reaped always reaped, and no sowing again is possible, as to argue once in grace always in grace. Such line of reasoning is illogical and foolish, and nothing is to be gained except deceiving oneself if one wants to sin and still believe he is saved.

Thread starter #202
In Romans, Paul teaches that men become dead to sin or dead to righteousness when they serve the one or the other. As often as men change masters they become dead to one or the other, thus proving they can have a spiritual quickening as many times as is necessary. It is God's will that men die only once to sin (Rom. 6:5-10), but if they go back into sin, the same process will have to be repeated (1 John 2:1, 2; James 5:19, 20; Gal. 4:19; 6:1; Rev. 3:5).

Thread starter #203
In Ephesians, Paul teaches that men are dead in sins when living in them, and salvation quickens them and makes them alive unto God. If ever men go back into sins, they are dead in sins again and need the same quickening as before (Eph. 2:1-9). The same is taught in Col. 2:11-13.

In Ephesians, Paul teaches that men are dead in sins when living in them, and salvation quickens them and makes them alive unto God. If ever men go back into sins, they are dead in sins again and need the same quickening as before (Eph. 2:1-9). The same is taught in Col. 2:11-13.
But brother, consider this:

John 13:10
10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

(the washing of regeneration)

Thread starter #205
In Hebrews, Paul teaches that men should go on to perfection instead of having to be renewed in repentance (Heb. 6:1). If renewal is necessary, he teaches that the foundation of repentance should be laid again. This shows that men can be renewed from "dead works" to "faith toward God" more than once. Only apostates cannot be "renewed" to repentance (Heb. 6:4-9; 10:26-29; 2 Pet. 2:20,21).

barryl

In Romans, Paul teaches that men become dead to sin or dead to righteousness when they serve the one or the other. As often as men change masters they become dead to one or the other, thus proving they can have a spiritual quickening as many times as is necessary. It is God's will that men die only once to sin (Rom. 6:5-10), but if they go back into sin, the same process will have to be repeated (1 John 2:1, 2; James 5:19, 20; Gal. 4:19; 6:1; Rev. 3:5).
Banjo Picker, I want to ask a couple questions, are you saying " If He is not Lord of all, He is not Lord at all " ? Eradicate the flesh ? Sinless perfection ?

Israel

But brother, consider this:

John 13:10
10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

(the washing of regeneration)
yes. and "if I do not wash you, you have no part with me".
Peter plays for keeps..."then do the whole thing".

What men Peters are, in not even hearing...themselves! It is good that Jesus prayed for those who "know not what they do"...or...who then can be saved?

Regeneration is a one time, all over , permanent washing.

Conversion,on the other hand, is a thing that is needful many times.

...as many times as Satan may be allowed to "sift us as wheat".

If this is true then wouldn't one have to also get baptized after each quickening?

What is the scriptures definition of "go back into sins?" One sin, two, a lustful thought? I just can't see loving Father doing this to his children.

Paul teaches this in Corinthians 6:11-12
And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 12“Everything is permissible for me,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me,” but I will not be mastered by anything.

Thread starter #210
  1. Jesus Himself taught a reconversion and a rebirth more than once, for this He required of backsliders in the early Church: "Thou hast left thy first love. remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do thy first works; or else I will . . . remove thy candlestick" (Rev. 2:4, 5 ). What were their first works? Did they not have to be converted and born again? Or were they always saved? He required the same repentance of all churches that fell (Rev. 2:16, 21-26; 3:3, 15, 16). If He would remove a whole church if it would not repent. He certainly would do this to individuals.

What does baptism do?
First let me say that I'm not advocating getting baptized more than once.

I'm assuming you mean by water. To me it's a sacrament of your spiritual quickening. So if one was quickened by the Holy Spirit then it would be a slap in the face to God if he needed to be constantly quickened.

I don't think the need for constant repentance means God's children are dead in sins again. If it does then I'd think one would need to get baptized each time he is quickened.

Thread starter #213
Jesus taught His disciples to forgive men 490 times, if need be (Matt. 18:21-35; Luke 17:1-5). Would He expect something of men that God would not do? As many times as a man sins against another, that many times he is a sinner against that man and the same process has to be gone through before the sin can be forgiven. So it is with man and God. One sin, as we have seen, will cut a man off from God, and the person committing the sin must go through the process of repentance and a moral change each time before he is forgiven and restored to full fellowship with God.

Thread starter #215
In Luke 15, Jesus taught about a "lost sheep" a "lost coin" and a "prodigal-son." Each started out in the right relationship to the owners and the father, and each was received back again when found. It would be stupid to argue that the "sheep" or the "coin" or the "boy" could not be lost again and again, and be found again and again.