Can a Man Be Saved from Sin or Born Again More Than Once?

I can remember as a child, praying for a family member to find Jesus. I was sincere in wanting it for the family member and not myself. I truly didn't want this family member to burn in He11 for eternity.

Yet if God already knew this family member would or wouldn't, I'm not sure my prayer could change God's will. Maybe my prayer was to soothe me. To somehow give me hope that God could reach this person even if I couldn't.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much! We pray because He commands us to!

Scripture Verses Disproving the False Doctrine of "Free Will"

Ordination:

Acts 13:48, " And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed."

Foreordination:

Ephesians 1:4, “Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love:"

Merit excluded:

Ephesians 2:1-10, " And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."

Man does not seek God, does not understand:

Romans 3:11 "No one understands; no one seeks for God."

1Corinthians 2:14 "The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned."

Man does not (naturally) fear God:

Romans 3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Man, prior to new birth, is spiritually dead. God's mercy is God's choice alone:

Romans 9:15-16 "For he says to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion. 16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy."

God's mercy leads to repentance:

Romans 2:4 "Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?

Repentance is God-given:"

2 Timothy 2:25 "Correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to knowledge of the truth. "

Faith is God-given:

Philippians 1:29 " For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake."

Salvation, faith and repentance are God-given:

1 Corinthians 4:7 "For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?"

Man's heart opened by God:

Acts 16:14 “One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul."

Luke 24:44-45 " Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled. 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,"

Man's heart hardened by God:

Romans 9:18 “So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills."

Joshua 11:20 " For it was the Lord's doing to harden their hearts that they should come against Israel in battle, in order that they should be devoted to destruction and should receive no mercy but be destroyed, just as the Lord commanded Moses."

Deuteronomy 2:30 " But Sihon the king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him, for the Lord your God hardened his spirit and made his heart obstinate, that he might give him into your hand, as he is this day."

Man's heart and ears "circumcised" by God:

Proverbs 20:12 “The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both."

Psalm 40:6 “In sacrifice and offering You have not delighted, but You have given me an open ear.Burnt offering and sin offering You have not required."

Deuteronomy 30:6 “And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live."

Fear of God comes from God:

Jeremiah 32:40 “I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts that they may not turn from me."

New birth comes before faith:

John 3:3 "Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

New birth is by the will of God:

John 1:12-13 " But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."

John 5:21 "For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will."

John 6:63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

John 3:6-8 " That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again. 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Matthew 16:15-17 "Identity of Christ He said to them, But who do you say that I am? 16 Simon Peter replied, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 And Jesus answered him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven."
I appreciate your trying to show me places in what you call a Bible. This is where I back out of our talk. All I can say and if I get kicked off of GON for this it will be worth it. Please make your stand on the King James Version Bible. What you gave reads totally wrong. I’ve done much research on why I make my stand about the Word of God and I urge you to do the same. We can’t argue over versions of the Bible but I will not get my doctrine from anything but the KJV. God bless my friends. It’s been a great talk.

Israel

I appreciate your trying to show me places in what you call a Bible. This is where I back out of our talk. All I can say and if I get kicked off of GON for this it will be worth it. Please make your stand on the King James Version Bible. What you gave reads totally wrong. I’ve done much research on why I make my stand about the Word of God and I urge you to do the same. We can’t argue over versions of the Bible but I will not get my doctrine from anything but the KJV. God bless my friends. It’s been a great talk.
If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

From where does doctrine come? Were all lost into oblivion until 1611?

Is/was...Jesus Christ restricted to that date?

What can a man say?

Spineyman

Then do your due diligence and search them out for yourself. But that is a pretty flimsy argument if you ask me. Even the Pilgrims came over with the 1599 Geneva Bible, not the King James!

Thread starter #305
Romans 11:25-26
I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

Rom. 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles to come in.

First I will say that this does not have a thing to do with thread
But here is the meaning.

Rom. 11:25 For I would not, brethren that ye should be [ignorant of this] meaning
Rom. 1:13 Now I would not have you be ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you. Meaning
6 things he did not want men to be ignorant of (v 13; 11:25; 1 Cor. 10:1; 12:1; 2 Cor. 1:8; 1 Th. 4:13).
(but was let hithernto .) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles. meaning was hindered 2 Th. 2:27.

mystery, lest ye should be wise in tour own conceits; Gr. Musterion something previously hidden but now filly revealed. In the N.T. it always means any doctrine that has not, in former times, been made fully known to men. It is found 27 times in the N.T. and not once in the O.T.
Mysteries of Scripture
The kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God (Matt. 13:11 Mk. 4:11; Lk. 8:10).
Israel's blindness (Rom. 11:25).
Salvation in Christ (Rom. 16:25).
The wisdom of God (1Cor. 2:7).
The doctrines of God (1 Cor. 2:2; 1 Tim. 3:16).
The gospel (Eph. 6:19).
Gift of knowledge (1 Cor. 13:2).
Speaking in tongues (1 Cor. 14:2).
The rapture of the church (1 Cor. 15:23, 51-58; Jn. 14:1-3; 1 Th. 4:13-16).
God's will (Eph. 1:9).
The church (Eph. 3:1-9; 5:32)
Christ in men (Col. 1:26,27).
Doctrines of Christ (Col. 4:3).
Spirit of lawlessness (2 Th. 2:7).
Faith of the gospel (1 Tim. 3:9).
Seven candlesticks (Rev. 1:20).
God's delay in casting out of Satan (Rev. 10:7; 12:7-17).
Mystery Babylon (Rev. 17:5, 7).

that blindness in part is happen to Israel Meaning 2nd N.T. prophecy in Romans (11:25-27, unfulfilled). The revealed secret here is of the blindness of Israel until Christ comes when she will be restored ( v 25-29 Isa. 66:7, 8; Zech. 12:10-13:1; 14:1-21).

until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in [meaning] The same as the times of the Gentiles Lk. 21:24), this could not mean, that Gentiles will no longer be saved, because God will continue to save Jews and Gentiles even through the tribulation period (Acts 2:16-21; Rev. 7:1-17; 15:2-4; 20:4-6).
The fullness of the Gentiles will end at the second advent and the national conversion of Israel (v25-29; Isa. 66:7, 8; Zech. 12:10-13:1; 14:1, 21). the times of the Gentiles end then also ( Lk. 21:24; Rev. 11:1, 2; Zech. 14; Mt. 24:31).

Rom. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written [meaning] This refers to the whole nation that will be alive in Palestine when Christ comes (Zech. 12:10-13:1; 14:1-15; Mt. 24:39; Isa. 66:7, 8). It is at that time that all rest of Israel will be gathered (Isa. 11:1-12; 66:19-21; Mt. 24:31).

There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob [ Quoted from Isa. 27:9; 59:20, 21).

Rom. 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles to come in.

First I will say that this does not have a thing to do with thread
But here is the meaning.

Rom. 11:25 For I would not, brethren that ye should be [ignorant of this] meaning
Rom. 1:13 Now I would not have you be ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you. Meaning
6 things he did not want men to be ignorant of (v 13; 11:25; 1 Cor. 10:1; 12:1; 2 Cor. 1:8; 1 Th. 4:13).
(but was let hithernto .) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles. meaning was hindered 2 Th. 2:27.

mystery, lest ye should be wise in tour own conceits; Gr. Musterion something previously hidden but now filly revealed. In the N.T. it always means any doctrine that has not, in former times, been made fully known to men. It is found 27 times in the N.T. and not once in the O.T.
Mysteries of Scripture
The kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God (Matt. 13:11 Mk. 4:11; Lk. 8:10).
Israel's blindness (Rom. 11:25).
Salvation in Christ (Rom. 16:25).
The wisdom of God (1Cor. 2:7).
The doctrines of God (1 Cor. 2:2; 1 Tim. 3:16).
The gospel (Eph. 6:19).
Gift of knowledge (1 Cor. 13:2).
Speaking in tongues (1 Cor. 14:2).
The rapture of the church (1 Cor. 15:23, 51-58; Jn. 14:1-3; 1 Th. 4:13-16).
God's will (Eph. 1:9).
The church (Eph. 3:1-9; 5:32)
Christ in men (Col. 1:26,27).
Doctrines of Christ (Col. 4:3).
Spirit of lawlessness (2 Th. 2:7).
Faith of the gospel (1 Tim. 3:9).
Seven candlesticks (Rev. 1:20).
God's delay in casting out of Satan (Rev. 10:7; 12:7-17).
Mystery Babylon (Rev. 17:5, 7).

that blindness in part is happen to Israel Meaning 2nd N.T. prophecy in Romans (11:25-27, unfulfilled). The revealed secret here is of the blindness of Israel until Christ comes when she will be restored ( v 25-29 Isa. 66:7, 8; Zech. 12:10-13:1; 14:1-21).

until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in [meaning] The same as the times of the Gentiles Lk. 21:24), this could not mean, that Gentiles will no longer be saved, because God will continue to save Jews and Gentiles even through the tribulation period (Acts 2:16-21; Rev. 7:1-17; 15:2-4; 20:4-6).
The fullness of the Gentiles will end at the second advent and the national conversion of Israel (v25-29; Isa. 66:7, 8; Zech. 12:10-13:1; 14:1, 21). the times of the Gentiles end then also ( Lk. 21:24; Rev. 11:1, 2; Zech. 14; Mt. 24:31).

Rom. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written [meaning] This refers to the whole nation that will be alive in Palestine when Christ comes (Zech. 12:10-13:1; 14:1-15; Mt. 24:39; Isa. 66:7, 8). It is at that time that all rest of Israel will be gathered (Isa. 11:1-12; 66:19-21; Mt. 24:31).

There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob [ Quoted from Isa. 27:9; 59:20, 21).
Just agreeing with you in your post #273; "God taught that He would make Israel anew again if they would repent."