Can any of you run a nail call?

FlukeBryan

Banned
im asking because i bet most of you newcomers to turkey hunting have never seen one...check it out, just might be what you need to bag that ol gobbler this season.

- Gary

Last edited:

FlukeBryan

Banned
no one? Seriously? Walmart aisle calls for everyone on here i guess. Look up a horseshoe nail turkey call and let me know what you think. Post it here.

Seriously, does anyone have one??? I am wanting one myself as i am a sympathizer to the old ways of turkey hunting.

- Gary

Gaswamp

no one? Seriously? Walmart aisle calls for everyone on here i guess. Look up a horseshoe nail turkey call and let me know what you think. Post it here.

Seriously, does anyone have one??? I am wanting one myself as i am a sympathizer to the old ways of turkey hunting.

- Gary

thought you were new to turkey huntingfacepalm:

FlukeBryan

Banned
thought you were new to turkey huntingfacepalm:

Does that mean my opinionated wisdom is invalid? Are you condescending me because I am new to actually hunting "turkeys" specifically? I have grown up hunting everything from deer to women, so please continue to chase my skink blue tail. I assure you I will use your negative energy to add a few more feet per second to the load leaving my turkey love gun.

You contributed zero insight to this topic and a nail call is something only real turkey hunters would recall or consider. Have you ever seen one or used one? Do you consider yourself a good person with a positive outlook on life? Why are you injecting negative energy into this post, contributing happiness to the hunting community? Please be calm my friend, season is upon us.

- Gary

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Great post Gary spivey

Curtis-UGA

They are supposed to be certain death on Merriams. Might work on some pressured WMA birds and perhaps those residing on federal lands.

stringmusic

The nail call is my go to call when I've got birds that won't gobble. I use a roofing nail for more southern sounding easterns that are more common on Georgia wma's.

Also have a hollowed out turtle shell with a small stone poked through the center, along with a smooth shale stone rock from the flint river that is much like the nail call and is pure turkey. This was given to me by my good friend of an old Indian river tribe.

stringmusic

I would like to see a pic of that call

A picture of the call will surely steal the soul from it, and thus, lose the ability to ever call another love struck tom again, so says my Indian friend.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
A picture of the call will surely steal the soul from it, and thus, lose the ability to ever call another love struck tom again, so says my Indian friend.

I'm married to a Indian woman who has strong Magic.
I have already been struck.