Can i take my dog?

robdobbs1983

Hunting a wma this weekend. Gator tag and open small game dates. A.k.a. .22mag hogs. Can my non hunting dog... Besides bee's and biting flys, Come with me on a leash or would that be frowned upon? Or if its open for dog training would that help? Only friend who'll never back out last minute... Cant beat a good ol dog.

I take my dog along to Tuckahoe in small game season. He doesn't hunt but he follows me around. I don't think it is a problem. If your dog looks like three curs and a catch dog you will probably find trouble.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
As much as I love to hunt with my dogs and have them as companions, I wouldn't and don't take them into the snake and gator infested low country woods this time of the year. While snakes can be out year round, it's not worth the risk for me to expose them to reptiles during the reptiles most active season. If you are hog hunting and have a dog on a non-dog hunt day (which are limited in days) you might have some explaining to do before a judge. Squirrel hunting is another matter. Consult the regs for the particular wma for dog training days if allowed. Some don't allow it. Gil

robdobbs1983

Took the dog. Got a compliment about my dog from a pleasurable warden. So i guess its not a problem. We had a good ol time. Was worried game would be spooked... But based on the number of deer, possums, quail, armadillos which dont count, and a snake. Wind is my friend. And a swamp laden panting dog aint a problem. Man it was hot.

robdobbs1983

I really lucked up or just stuck it out. Didnt realize how capable she was to read and follow. She was gunshy a terrified of almost everything when i found her. Now she just goes along. Dont buy. Save a stray. They come along.