Canaan Baptist Church in Covington

SBG

Anybody on here go to that Church or know anyone who does?

Jody Hawk

I grew up in Covington and attended The Baptist Tabernacle. Where exactly is Canaan? Is it on Salem Rd. just outside of Porterdale? I may not know anyone who goes there but I'd bet my Mama does.

SBG

Jody Hawk said:
I grew up in Covington and attended The Baptist Tabernacle. Where exactly is Canaan? Is it on Salem Rd. just outside of Porterdale? I may not know anyone who goes there but I'd bet my Mama does.

Brother Jody,

My pastor is from Porterdale and we are affiliated with Canaan. My kids just got back from camp in Jackson that Canaan puts on and we were planning on going there on July 2nd while we are in Atlanta for the Braves game.

Any suggestions on where to stay. I thought we would stay in Conyers or Covington. Wanted to stay at Hard Labor but it is all booked up.

Thanks for the link Brother Jeff.

Jody Hawk

SBG said:
My pastor is from Porterdale

I know this is a long shot but your pastor wouldn't be named Glen Lewellin would he? Glen was a buddy of mine in high school who was a preacher. He was from Porterdale. I lost track of him and would love to see him again. :huh:

SBG

No. His name is Gary Satterfield.

Lostoutlaw

There are two motels at Alcoy rd in covington I would have to look at them again tomorrow to see what the names are sorry I just look at them getting on and off the interstate.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
SBG,

You may already have a full aggenda while you are here but there are a few of us that live within 10-15 clicks that may be interested in joining you fer feed one night while your around.

SBG

Jeff Young said:
SBG,

You may already have a full aggenda while you are here but there are a few of us that live within 10-15 clicks that may be interested in joining you fer feed one night while your around.

Man...I'd love that! We are going to be a bit pressed for time, but maybe we can hook up. We are leaving the house about 4 p.m. Friday night and staying at mom and daddy's place in Hazlehurst. We'll get up Saturday a.m. and will drive to either Covington or Conyers...I think mama says there is a nice Holiday Inn in Conyers to stay at. The Braves Game starts at 7:05, and I really don't know how much time I need to give us to get from Conyers to Turner Field. I guess I'll just take I-20 to I-75...y'all reckon that is my best route? I don't know nothing about ATL...I feel as out of place there as a liberal in church.:huh: :D

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
SBG,

You'll take I-20 West to the Hill St. Exit. It is just before you get to I-75.

It sound's like things will be hectic enough without us trying to get together!

You may need to try to catch your breath at some point.

SBG

Jeff Young said:
SBG,

You'll take I-20 West to the Hill St. Exit. It is just before you get to I-75.

It sound's like things will be hectic enough without us trying to get together!

You may need to try to catch your breath at some point.

Thanks Bro.

I was thinking the same thing about the meeting. It is an up and back, so we will be really scurrying. We are planning to come back at the end of August for 4 days...perhaps then?

SBG

Anybody that lives in the Covington area that does not have a Church home, needs to visit Canaan Baptist on Salem Rd. one Sunday. My family and I had the opportunity to visit there yesterday and it was great. Great choir and singing and great sound preaching. Wonderful bunch of folks there that are really loving and have a burden for the lost of their community. :)

StriperAddict

SBG said:
Anybody that lives in the Covington area that does not have a Church home, needs to visit Canaan Baptist on Salem Rd. one Sunday. My family and I had the opportunity to visit there yesterday and it was great. Great choir and singing and great sound preaching. Wonderful bunch of folks there that are really loving and have a burden for the lost of their community. :)

Bro Russ,

Glad you got up this way and had a great meeting there. Sorry you didn't have time to connect with any Woodyites, but when your here in August let us know!

~Glenn

:)

Jody Hawk

SBG said:
and have a burden for the lost of their community. :)

That's something you don't see much of anymore. There are folks dieing and going to he!! within sight of most churchs. Our church is having a community door to door this Saturday. Teams of three will visit all the houses in the neighborhood around our church and share the gospel. Brother Brad says that he never wants to hear it said that our church never told the community around us about Jesus Christ.