Canadian geese?

littlejon

Dumb question but are these Canadian geese?

Attachments

• 20180216_144113-1008x756.jpg
    20180216_144113-1008x756.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 702
  • 20180216_151118-333x739.jpg
    20180216_151118-333x739.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 706

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Don't think we get any Canadian Canada geese here. Just local Canada geese. And like said before, those look to be cranes. They've been moving through a lot lately.

280bst

I too had hundreds flying over turns out they were all over N. Ga never seen that many at one time

rnelson5

tell me more about these "canadian" geese

They are from Canada........ Not to be confused with Canada geese which could also be from the US

Barebowyer

Had them walking in the decoy spread daily in MN this past fall! Cool birds

mattuga

Banned
The sandhills were flying over Cobb County today. GA doesn't have a season for what I see to be the main reason are the whooping cranes who fly with them. There's been a thread before with basically the same thing said. The Central flyway down to TX is crane territory based on what I read, no experience. I want a NE TX hunt this next season if I can squeeze it in, they killed a lot of birds this year. The southern end of a lot of MS flyways slayed em in the freeze that hit the NE AR rice belt

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=606379

I actually saw a "guide" post on multiple FB waterfowl forums they had the "Canadian Geese" stacked up. I think I heard someone correct someone else before I ever said "Canadian Goose" to someone who knew better but otherwise I would have said Canadian because I think that is the most accepted lexicon outside of hunters even though it is wrong.

Canadians can be seen on I75 and I 95 headed south to Disney world. Canadas are what we hunt.