Canoe trailer

devolve

Looks like a good start. Harbor frieght sells the same demension trailer for a few bucks less. You could probably add one of there coupons to it and get it even cheaper.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
The only thing I've read about, is making sure the tires are rated for highway use. That seems to be the concern from folks making kayak trailers with this type of trailer.

leoparddog

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...-4-ft-x-7-ft-open-mesh-floor-utility-trailer#

I bought one of these a few years ago when they offered a 4x6 tilt trailer and extended the tongue by 4 feet to haul a 14 foot kayak. I ordered a longer piece of rectangle tube from MetalSuperMarket and picked it up near Jimmy Carter Blvd north of Chamblee. The tongue was connected to the trailer by two heavy pins so the replacement was easy and I kept the original tongue. I've used it heavily over the years included to haul dirt, sand and gravel by the yard.

20170414_170920.jpg

Rabun

The only thing I've read about, is making sure the tires are rated for highway use. That seems to be the concern from folks making kayak trailers with this type of trailer.

That's a very good point^^^^the one shown in Ops link is only rated to 45mph

Swamprat

Swamprat
You can find old jon boat/jet ski trailers for next to nothing on CL, few homemade mods and you might have a few hundred bucks in it.

Bream Pole

Northern tool has tubing for sale you can extend the tongue with. Also larger tires are available for next to nothing. I bought that trailer and turned it into a canoe trailer.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...-4-ft-x-7-ft-open-mesh-floor-utility-trailer#

I bought one of these a few years ago when they offered a 4x6 tilt trailer and extended the tongue by 4 feet to haul a 14 foot kayak. I ordered a longer piece of rectangle tube from MetalSuperMarket and picked it up near Jimmy Carter Blvd north of Chamblee. The tongue was connected to the trailer by two heavy pins so the replacement was easy and I kept the original tongue. I've used it heavily over the years included to haul dirt, sand and gravel by the yard.

View attachment 962814
I bought that same trailer. I used unistrut to make a rack on it for my kayak and canoe. I need to extend the tongue though.

leoparddog

I used Uni-strut for the cross pieces, got 90 degree connector pieces and some angle iron to bolt together some boat bunks. Made the bunks from 5/4 PT decking boards and indoor/outdoor carpet