Cape San blas

FOLES55

I was just there a couple weeks ago, man I hope it makes a come back!!

Good times at the Blas and Port St Joe.

Yep we go there every year definitely praying for them we usually stay in the cabins on the park actually already have one rented next summer I’m afraid they are probably gone

bilgerat

the main building of the driftwood is still standing, The church, cabins and the houses across the street are destroyed or gone, the El Governor is still standing but prob not worth fixing dwinn.jpg

Deerhead

Just saw pictures on Youtube. Port St Joe was hit hard. Many buildings damaged or destroyed. The Marina was damaged just as many other building all along the cost. The only picture I have seen on the cape is of one convenience store that looks like it made with minimal damage. We will have to wait and see about all the other houses and condos. We will also see how their new sea wall did along the road. Hopefully they placed enough boulders to hold back Michael.

Wxchasing has some drone footage on their Facebook page of Mexico beach, they're not allowing reposting at the moment. The cape looked like it fared a little better.

Rabun

We will also see how their new sea wall did along the road. Hopefully they placed enough boulders to hold back Michael.
Last I was there was in the Spring....they were shoring up that sea wall with huge metal plates and more boulders and taking a lot of core samples along the road. At the time I half jokingly said looks like they are making plans for a bridge. I hope they don't need one

Duff

Thanks for sharing bb. Really looks like the cape, as a whole, dodged a bullet compared to near by areas. Feel so bad for the folks down there.

Cone Heads posted 20+ pics from the Cape. Don't need Facebook to view the pics.

I see damage, but I don't see the leveling of structures like in Mexico Beach.

EDIT: GON keeps turning the link into a picture. Click the blue F at the top right of the pic, and it'll load the page with pics (don't need facebook to view).
My partner's house is just behind and to the right of the house with the shed roof in that 3rd from the last pic. It has all it's windows and only lost it's siding so we're hoping against hope my partner's house fared similarly.

bassboy1

My partner's house is just behind and to the right of the house with the shed roof in that 3rd from the last pic. It has all it's windows and only lost it's siding so we're hoping against hope my partner's house fared similarly.
My thought process is if someone's taking pictures of damage, they'll likely pick the more damaged houses to take photos of. If your buddies house was within sight of one they photographed, it makes me think it was less damaged than the photographed one.