Capt. Anderson head boats

jollymon

Has anyone taken one of their trips out of Panama City Beach before and how was it , My grand son wants to try saltwater fishing and I want to start him off but don't want to shell out for a private charter if he's a one and done thing for him , At 11 he wants to do everything .

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Lol, he won’t be one an done after fishing saltwater! Hope your trip is amazing, usually they are memories for a lifetime. My first major charter trip was on Capt Anderson party boat and I remember it very well.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I went out with Capt'n Anderson over 45 years ago. Several times. I still remember those trips. It was my Dad, my Uncle Gene, my Uncle Lee, a few cousins and a couple of my brothers. We had a ball

Swamprat

Swamprat
Just a warning....35-45 years ago is a huge difference compared to how PCB is today...I live 45 miles North of there.

Nowadays from what I understand is they run you out to the same wore out numbers. Regs have really messed up offshore fishing. 30 plus years ago you could load up on red snapper. triggers, AJ's, grouper...etc. Catching these fish is not the problem..keeping them is.

There is no really no secret structure anymore....everybody has pretty much found it.

Not trying to be a downer but see if you can reach out to some other folks and share a charter...more enjoyable and better learning experience for your son.

Don't have their phone numbers handy but Google Justin Leake or Chris Wiwi...yeah weird last names but not sending you down a rabbit hole. I know Chris from church when he frequents....know his wife better from my line of work. Both are good folks.

Get up with them and explain your situation. If you got any more questions just PM me.

Lukikus2

I fished their boat over 30 years ago every year for about 5 years. Good trips. Were never skunked and don't let anyone tell you trigger fish ain't good to eat.

But

Captains and deck hands change. The best way to find out what to expect is to be at the dock the day before and watch what they unload.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
can you even keep trigger fish now? The last time I fished the bay I was told that you couldn't keep any triggers, regardless of size

Swamprat

Swamprat
can you even keep trigger fish now? The last time I fished the bay I was told that you couldn't keep any triggers, regardless of size

Being a native Floridian I can't even keep up with it anymore...seems like with our FWC everytime one of em takes a dump our rules change. Our FWC Commission is a joke now, we had some good ones right before the new governor came in.

Their whole thinking now is based on "staff recommendations" instead of what we the users of the woods and waters are saying. Instead they wait till a collapse before they take any emergency action instead of a proactive stock management.

jollymon

Thanks for the input, Were booked for the 26th my son went and booked it , He didn't wait for feedback so were going, If it lights the Grandson up I'll do a Charter with him .

Swamprat

Swamprat
Hey....have fun. All that counts.

au7126

Does anyone remember or go on the 2am many years ago. Could board the boat at 12 midnight and climb in a bunk. Cranked up at 2 am and rode till about 7 or 8 am. They had to quit or have another captain on for that extended trip. Caught some decent fish back then.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Could be wrong but don't think many or none boats in PCB or Destin are doing that anymore unless you got a group and requested it.

fairweather

I went on that trip probably 15 years ago. It was so rough people started getting sick while the boat was still at the dock. I waited until we were offshore to get sick. :)

kevbo3333

Could be wrong but don't think many or none boats in PCB or Destin are doing that anymore unless you got a group and requested it.

If your talking about night trips I know Family Tradition Charters runs them, they can hold up to 42 but I don’t think there will be much more 12 people or so. They have some pictures and videos on their Facebook page.

Blackston

I went last year on a church trip with my men’s group. We called early enough and reserved the whole back of the boat and 2 spots on each side. Then we stopped and bought 6 or 8 Bonita ( frozen ) our group caught more fish than the rest of the boat combined!! We had a ball!!!

Upatoi Sportsman

I went on several of these trips in the 90s with my grandfather. There were trips that we caught just a few and some we caught a decent amount with one in particular I can remember him catching an AJ that was a hair short to keep. The fishing may not be the best but the quality time and fun with him are what I will remember the most. I hope this is true for your grandson as well.