Carlos Hathcocks Bible

Goblin King

So the other day I was playing on Youtube, watching historic videos about The Vietnam war.
I managed to come across a gold-mine.
A Carlos Hathcock Interview. I really enjoyed it, I happened to notice that during the video they spoke about his "Bible".

"A card that he carried and claimed his Virginia Beach snipers were required to display it on request or get "smoked" for failure to do so."

I have wrote all of his Rules down and put them into my practices and I am surprised about the results, they work. I have found only one other forum discussing them. So I thought I would share the love.

Body Alignment – Natural Point Of Aim
Firm Hand Shake Grip
Firm In Shoulder
Eye Relief – Spot Weld – No Shadow
Stare At Cross hairs – Target Is A Blur
Slow Steady Pressure On Trigger To Rear
Normal Respiratory Pause
Follow Through

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
My hero! I lived my 30 year career in his shadow, like all that followed behind him. One can only imagine what that man could do with the tech of today.

Baroque Brass

I’ve read “One Shot, One Kill” several times. While I’m sure some of it was embellished, it’s a great read and Hathcock did amazing things. It’s a shame the way his career ended.

turkeykirk

He was a very brave man and Marine.

Patriot44

Banned
Believe it or not, those are all techniques taught in the Army to every single recruit during basic training, or at least I was. Carlos is a man amongst men!!! It was his attitude, fearlessness and testicle fortitude that far outweighed his shooting skills and lead him to become a legend!

I was friends with a few snipers in the Army that re-classed to ADA for rank, and every one of them bowed to that man!

Goblin King

Agreed, I definitely need to read some of those major books about him.
Though one thing I did notice that during the interview Mr. Carlos was not, how do I put this "All there" Which made my hair stand up.
Kinda sad seeing what war does to someone, especially after a few years of Not being in it.
I guess Like 'Ole Hemingway said: "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I guess Like 'Ole Hemingway said: "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
Very true, it does something to one's heart and mind....makes you ..cold inside I guess is the best way to put it. There's no getting back to where / who you were after your blood runs clear with adreanaline for that length of time. You're never more alive than at the split second you pull that trigger. Nothing in civilian life can compare, or stop the nightmares.