Carolina Bay Formation: A REALLY bad day!

Chum

White Pond, SC Archaeological Dig with Dr. Christopher Moore and the guys from the Seven Ages Podcast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chum

Carolina Bay LiDAR Field Trips: Chesapeake Bay Area

" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chum

The Delmarva Conundrum: A Michael Davias Story Part 1

Chum

interesting, was the ocean an additional 30 ft deep in Middle Ga , too, taking it up to the Fall Line?

Not during our last inter-glacial, the Eemian. The last time the Fall Line saw ocean water was over 65 million years ago...however, I believe the event that occurred 12,900 years ago greatly altered the Fall Line as we see it today.

westcobbdog

Not during our last inter-glacial, the Eemian. The last time the Fall Line saw ocean water was over 65 million years ago...however, I believe the event that occurred 12,900 years ago greatly altered the Fall Line as we see it today.
how so?

Chum

If the event unfolded as described in my video series, the entire East Coast, mountains to shoreline, would have been covered in a few feet of crushed glacial ice. Eventually, that ice melted, and when it did the flooding event would dwarf any flood we've seen in modern times. I think our flood plains of the entire east coast were greatly altered by this event:

<iframe width="768" height="480" src="

Chum

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to participate in an archaeological dig up at White Pond, SC (see video above). While there I shared a house with the guys from the Seven Ages Audio Journal. They put together a great podcast that helps capture the essence of the weekend. You can hear my interview right at the 32 minute mark:

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="

Chum

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
interesting, was the ocean an additional 30 ft deep in Middle Ga , too, taking it up to the Fall Line?

Interesting studies...the extremes encountered over time. During some periods, the sea levels where much lower. The SE was a much drier place. There are sites offshore that have been identified as campsites. The Red Hills that surround the Tallahassee are are actually top soils pushed off the Appalachian Mnts during an ice age period by glaciers....

Chum

Very true. The events I'm discussing here, though, all happened within the past 12,000 years or so...VERY young geologically speaking. Pretty amazing!

Chum

Part 2!

Chum

Part 3! Bringing things a little closer to home for some of us!

Chum

Chum

Chum

Great talk, and I love the way these guys process information! (Interview and slide show starts at 00:28:00)

Chum

Putting the work in!

Chum

Chum

Arabia Bay Magnetic Grain Extraction--Checking for Younger Dryas Impact Proxies!

Chum

The "coincidences" keep piling up!