Cars 2023

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, they aren't for everyone. And I agree that there are no good EV options, right now in 2018, that meet the definition of a working truck that can haul, tow and go off-road.

But to classify everyone that uses one, or might use one, as a "vegan or hippie going to a protest"? That's pretty narrow-minded...there are lots of good people out there who average less than 100 miles per day (36,500 miles per year) that may find it to be an acceptable solution to $2.50 per gallon gas prices. Some may be tree huggers choosing EV as environmental statement, but I suspect a lot of them will make the EV choice purely as a financial decision. I won't judge their motives, nor their lifestyles, based on their choice of energy to power their car.

It's not for me either, like you they don't fit my particular needs, but I am going to be open minded about the future of EV. My prediction is that in 40-50 years, gasoline powered cars will be as rare as EV cars are today.

Well, just going on the fact that every single person I know who actually owns an electric car is a very liberal vegetarian hipster, who is very vocal and argumentative about how their electric car is saving us from global warming and all us Neanderthals who drive fossil-fuel powered vehicles hate the Earth and want it to die.

GA native

My sister in law has a Nissan Leaf. 40 miles in the winter leaves the battery flat. That electric heater really puts the drain on it.

On the bright side, she knows where every Nissan dealership is on the north side of Atlanta. She can plug into 220v for free, and get a full charge in 30 minutes.

T-N-T

Well, just going on the fact that every single person I know who actually owns an electric car is a very liberal vegetarian hipster, who is very vocal and argumentative about how their electric car is saving us from global warming and all us Neanderthals who drive fossil-fuel powered vehicles hate the Earth and want it to die.

I burn green fuel. My exhaust smells so bad you will move out the fog that is emitted.
I don't have kids.
I don't care
I can put a Prius in the bed and still climb a mountain.

'Merica

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I personally think there is a tool for every job. As of now, an EV is not a viable tool for me, I go through a tank of gas every day- day and a half. If they can make one last for 400 miles on a charge then we may be talking.

acurasquirrel

So, do you use Hydo, Nuclear or fossil fuel generated power? The going green with EV is a crock of crap.

Nuclear is actually one of the most green sources of electricity we have.

T-N-T

Nuclear is actually one of the most green sources of electricity we have.

Until you flop that spent nuclear waste into the earth.

But I'm a fan of nuclear power over any other

NOYDB

BANNED
Until you flop that spent nuclear waste into the earth.

Thank Carter for shutting down breeder reactors. Don"t have worry about waste disposal if there isn't much.

Basically every problem is the result of listening to morons yammer about things they don't even dimly understand.

They yammer about the most destructive phrase in the english language, "It could happen".

Big Foot

Like I said, they aren't for everyone. And I agree that there are no good EV options, right now in 2018, that meet the definition of a working truck that can haul, tow and go off-road.

But to classify everyone that uses one, or might use one, as a "vegan or hippie going to a protest"? That's pretty narrow-minded...there are lots of good people out there who average less than 100 miles per day (36,500 miles per year) that may find it to be an acceptable solution to $2.50 per gallon gas prices. Some may be tree huggers choosing EV as environmental statement, but I suspect a lot of them will make the EV choice purely as a financial decision. I won't judge their motives, nor their lifestyles, based on their choice of energy to power their car.

It's not for me either, like you they don't fit my particular needs, but I am going to be open minded about the future of EV. My prediction is that in 40-50 years, gasoline powered cars will be as rare as EV cars are today.

^^^this

I suggest people will do less driving period in the future....and of course the work load of trucks will be hard to replace...Savannah set a container record for December - the real disrupter idea is to figure out how to cut freight delivery as we know it out of the picture...

for me, I can see a small EV as ONE vehicle for my wife and I as we age....rent something for a road trip.

*I just sold our 3rd car we kept as it was an old great running Tahoe I could not part with - used some as a hunting vehicle at the lake, etc. Selling this Tahoe saved me the upkeep which was not allot , but it was something....vehicle ownership is a huge expense for most people, look at your total monthly cost to keep your rides - it is allot of money.

sinclair1

I spend $36 a week driving a 4x4 and my wife spends a bit more driving a sports car.

That's how we will continue, and we sure won't let some metro sexual who spends $100 a week on vape juice and monster energy drinks tell us how to live.:bounce:

#gasguzzlerforlife

Last edited:

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I spend $36 a week driving a 4x4 and my wife spends a bit more driving a sports car.

That's how will will continue, and we sure won't let some metro sexual who spends $100 a week on vape juice and monster energy drinks tell us how to live.:bounce:

#gasguzzlerforlife

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

sinclair1

^^^this

I suggest people will do less driving period in the future....and of course the work load of trucks will be hard to replace...Savannah set a container record for December - the real disrupter idea is to figure out how to cut freight delivery as we know it out of the picture...

for me, I can see a small EV as ONE vehicle for my wife and I as we age....rent something for a road trip.

*I just sold our 3rd car we kept as it was an old great running Tahoe I could not part with - used some as a hunting vehicle at the lake, etc. Selling this Tahoe saved me the upkeep which was not allot , but it was something....vehicle ownership is a huge expense for most people, look at your total monthly cost to keep your rides - it is allot of money.
This doesn't apply to me atall. The less I drive the less I need to worry about gas mileage. When I retire and no longer need to go to work, it's H1 military Hummer time and a few more 6 MPG interest.:cheers:

Best advice I can give is, keep that electric cart outta my way, because I use the bigger is safer thought process as my eyesight and reaction time goes down.:bounce:

Robert28

Wonder how fast pulling one of my trailers would drain one of them batteries? Call me skeptical, but when I hear companies touting 100 mile range that don’t impress me all that much. For a golf cart, great, not for my truck though.

Triple C

Electric is here to stay and will continue to gain market share in the years ahead. Our great grandchildren will say they can't believe we had to fill our cars up with poisonous gasoline. Tesla already exceeds 300 miles to the charge with more charging stations being installed monthly that charge in bout 20 minutes. Won't be too long til you look in your rear view and see that big Tesla semi coming up on you running on batteries.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Flex fuel vehicles are much better,,,, and fuel cell vehicles are really the way to go,,,, H20 is the result,,,, need the infrastructure,,,,

A great investment will be hydrogen stations, before oil is gone.

Big Foot

Wonder how fast pulling one of my trailers would drain one of them batteries? Call me skeptical, but when I hear companies touting 100 mile range that don’t impress me all that much. For a golf cart, great, not for my truck though.

Speaking of carts....I drive mine to and from the course for late afternoon practice and nine wholes drinks smokes etc.

The ease of use is ridiculous. Not to mention the drinks and being off the roads on way home...cart friendly hoods are a thumbs up in my book. I get it now how Peachtree is so big on cart life down there....it is just simple and cost effective

hopper

Had a customer give me all the facts about how much my truck polutes the air and I should think about more envirementally responsible work vehicles.
I asked her if she would rather I left my trailor behind and not complete her basement.
Of course her basement was more important than the envirement.

I'm not a fan of electric cars. I need the ability to haul firewood, livestock, hay, and pack a truck to head to deer camp. There's no telling what some of our members would say if we rolled up to camp in a leaf. We'd probably be on dish duty.