carters rereg night fishing

i have been trying carters rereg at night lately with no luck. starting in the late afternoon or evening i can catch a few spots along the channel drops where there are submerged trees or boulders but as soon as it gets dark the bite stops like turning off a switch. this has happened 2 times lately, once was low water and once was high water.

i have tried dark plastic worms, black jitterbug, white crankbait, dark jigs, and big black single blade spinner bait.

i tried the nearby shallower water as well. the locations i tried were between the launch and about mid lake along the channel.

is it where i am fishing thats the problem? the lure selection? or are they just not biting at night? both nights i fished hard from about 6 to 3 and all fish were caught before 9. not even a bump after that.

let me know what you guys think.

jocko755

6 hours without a bite..... that's dedication.

The lakes I fish - turn off at night. I don't get it. Hot like it is, seems a night bite would be the right bite.

Caseypatton

Your getting there a little lat they usually turn the water on around 200 pm them fish usually get pretty full by the time they cut the water off

Gunner308

Carolina rig equipped with a Pumpkin/Chart Dead ringer, around the spillway and riprap or a Georgia blade thumping around the downed timber garden has been successful for me this time of year.

You can catch some monster carp down there I know that. As far as any other fish I don't have any good advice. I did hear they catch striper bass on craw jigs.