Catfish Side Dish Suggestions

ajb05854

I'm making a celebratory fried catfish meal for a friend from the south. What are some side dishes I should have? So far I'm planning on hushpuppies, okra, corn, cole slaw, mac and cheese, and bread pudding.

Help a yankee out?! I always check this forum for cooking ideas and finally decided to register. Thanks!

Muddyfoots

Retired Administrator
I'm making a celebratory fried catfish meal for a friend from the south. What are some side dishes I should have? So far I'm planning on hushpuppies, okra, corn, cole slaw, mac and cheese, and bread pudding.

Help a yankee out?! I always check this forum for cooking ideas and finally decided to register. Thanks!

Round here it's usually hushpup's, fries, slaw and sweet pickles.

And cold beer.:D

specialk

cheese grits.........and no instant grits allowed:mad:

Hornet22

ROMEO
What they said; and EWnDC.:cheers:

nkbigdog

:banana::banana::banana: Sounds great, I love my Nanner Pudin:banana:

maker4life

Cheese grits , hush puppies , french fries , cole slaw and you absoluely have to have sliced onion .

Okra , corn and mac & cheese are great but never had them at a fish fry .

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What Muddy and Nic and H22 said. Just remove the DC from the EW, it's an unneccessary pollutant of perfectly good corn squeezin's. ::ke: :bounce:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Fresh cut lemons. Lots of em. :fine:
Some folks like to squirt it on the fish.
Some folks like to put it in there sweet tea.
Some folks use it to wash there fingers after tearing into a big ole helpin of fried catfish. :biggrin3:

Tnwoodman

Cucumber salad, fried dill pickle chips, and smoked mac-n-cheese with candied bacon, and last but not least corn fritters dusted with powdered sugar. Good luck

golffreak

Cheese grits should be a mandatory side dish for fish.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
tater salad (made with mustard)
cole slaw (not the sweet kind either)has to have a splash of apple cider vinegar.
hush puppys with chunks of jalapeno peppers.
and homemade tartar sauce.