CCNA Salary

atlashunter

What I'm reading online seems unrealistic and slanted. Can some of yall who are CCNAs or work with CCNAs or have friends/family who are CCNAs .... please post about what they make a year, and approximate amount of experience they have. I'd sure appreciate it. You don't have to identify yourself or what you make, you can just pretend "your friend" makes that money... ;)

Also, if you know a CCNA out of work, please feel free to post "$0" too. ;)

In my experience with CCNA's, they seem to make in the mid to upper 30,000 range. Google results have them much, much higher... starting. I'm just looking for a little reality.

Thanks in advance.

CCNA is an entry level cert. The range you cite is probably close to the mark for someone at that level. Not sure what you're looking at on Google but it may be skewed by those who are more experienced and more certifications but still have the CCNA.

StriperrHunterr

I want to be ccna certified, but i dont know how to do it ( as i m beginner ).So if somebody could help me out how else can i study and get ccna? Please help me out, i shall b really thankful to you for replying.

Check out CBT Nuggets, they explain subnetting really well and that's always a tough concept to grasp the first time.

Your best bet is to also look at seeing if you can find GNS3 simulators with Cisco IOS images that you can practice commands on. In the real world you can use the shorthand commands, but the test is, when I took it, based on the entire command so you better know what "sho ip int br" really means and how to spell it.

Also find yourself a study group, I'm willing to bet there are myriads on Facebook and other social media platforms, where you can discuss issues and topics. And also find a source for practice tests so you can get a feel for the questions you're going to see. If your plan is to sit down and read the book and then go pass the test, brace yourself, because the vast majority of people don't pass the first time and a lot don't pass the second time. It's very cut and dried material that's tough to retain unless you're elbow deep in it regularly.

Once you do get it, do like the other poster in here said and take the first job smoking that leverages it because it is very much a use or lose skill.

Good luck to you.

Might be off topic, so feel free to correct me:

If you had to choose a cert why not choose something AWS, Azure, or GCP related? Being in the cloud field myself, there is a true war for talent with companies overpaying people (Yes,I said it).

Latest posts