Celebrity Knife

Anvil Head

Apparently I know some folks in the biz. All three are good friends from way before they got on the other side of TV screen. Each one contributed materials for this build (guess I'm stuck with the leather work as well).

>Steel is 7/8" round bar 52100 -- Henry Cambron - The Walking Dead & some other show
>Wood handle is burl black ash from woodpile -- Huck Stewart - Moonshiners and Master Distillers' Cookoff winner
>Guard & Pommel is WI anchor chain -- Stephan Fowler - Forged in Fire

Celeb Knife comp.jpgCeleb Knife.jpg

Anvil Head

Thank you. I am pretty happy with the outcome. These fellas are always putting stuff in my truck to see what will shake out. Been blessed to meet and befriend a wide variety of folks and these three are pretty special.
My biggest challenge now is to make a complimentary sheath. It's got to match the "look". Gonna have to poach another cow as I have 20+ knives waiting on britches.

I always get a kick out of the new makers claiming they have come up with a NEW blade design. The only true "new" development in cutlery is the electric knife. To believe that no cutlery maker ever made one like it before is just ridiculous. One of the very first man made tools. Only other "electrical" powered tool from way back when (if you follow mythology) is Thor's hammer.

Anvil Head

Thanks everyone.

Anvil Head

I should have mentioned in the original post that all three are custom knifemakers with many skills in their own bucket. Actually got Huck and Henry started with hammer & fire and have spent more than a few hours forging with all three. Got to assist Stephan in making some homemade bloom steel (what a workout).

Someone asked what was so special about anchor chain. Here are a few closeups that say it all. Wrought iron "damascus".Celeb Knife WIa.jpgCeleb Knife WIb.jpg

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I had an old uncle that wanted to teach and get me started forty year ago...But I never had (took) the time.

I was stupid.

I'll always wish I had took him up on it, and I know he did too, cause he had no one to pass it along to...

He made a lot of cool stuff, most of it from railroad scrap. I remember him saying that some railroad spikes made good stuff and some didn't. Had to get the right ones.

They all look the same to me, unfortunately.

Anvil Head

I had an old uncle that wanted to teach and get me started forty year ago...But I never had (took) the time.

I was stupid.

I'll always wish I had took him up on it, and I know he did too, cause he had no one to pass it along to...

He made a lot of cool stuff, most of it from railroad scrap. I remember him saying that some railroad spikes made good stuff and some didn't. Had to get the right ones.

They all look the same to me, unfortunately.
Yeah, pretty sure that's not a small boat to be in. Most of us regret those missed ops. I'd love to be able to go back and spend more quality time with my Pop.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Missed opportunities are something the young don’t recognize or respect. I’m guilty as charged. Although I learned a lot of skills growing up on a old style farm I missed a whole lot more than I learned especially when I started chasing the money and the ladies. I’m still country and know a lot of farm skills but also I am embarrassed by what I don’t know but should know with the opportunities that were presented to me.