Center serving size?

Glenn

Is .18 serving size the norm for most center servings on newer compounds?

I use the .22 size for my peep, etc... but is it to big to use on the center? ::huh:

reylamb

Glenn, I can not say for sure. When I build strings out of 8125, with 20 strands I have to use the .022. With 452 or any of the thicker materials I have to use the .018. It will really depend on how thick your string is. The only thing I can say is to try some out and see how snug the fit is.

Glenn

Reylamb the string is made from 8125 material but I don't know how many strands there are. I have some .22 serving material and it is close to what was on it.

Thanks anyways :flag:

reylamb

With 8125 you will probably need the .022, I would almost guarantee it. It is probably a 20 or 22 strand string, but the 8125 is thin stuff.

Glenn

Yep that is what I went with Reylamb.

I used the diamondback .22. using the Tornado jig. It was my first time doing a center serving and it came out perfect.

No more pro shops for me :clap:

reylamb

Congrats Glenn. The more work an archer can do on their own the better they are in the long run. Plus, serving is not rocket science, even though some shops charge like it is. Now that you can do the serving you are just a few short steps towards building your own strings.