ceramic coating?

krizia829

Anyone ever done this to their car/truck? Was wondering how it holds up long term... Thinking of doing this to my Silverado

GoldDot40

Anyone ever done this to their car/truck? Was wondering how it holds up long term... Thinking of doing this to my Silverado
Another forum I'm on has a member who had it done. He swears by it. I'll be honest, I'm a skeptic. Keep in mind, I did auto detailing about 23 years ago and ceramic sealing wasn't a thing. Back then, you had wax and you had polymer paint sealers that simply was wax on steroids.

I've yet to see a vehicle with it done in person, so I'd have to wait until at least then before I could really say thumbs up or down.

1gr8bldr

Wanting to do my rims

1gr8bldr

I have heard that dirt does not stick to it? Can anybody verify?

Dub

From what I gather from a coworker....it's not a one-and-done type deal.

We were in the parking lot and he noted that I'd also recently bought a black truck like his. I'd commented that black was my favorite color, but took some work to keep it looking good compared to the silver/grey of my last truck.

I asked him what wash & wax he was using on his....it looked pristine.

He said he'd done the ceramic coating.....and that he'd probably have to do it every year.

The costs of such sure would pay for a pile of high quality wash, wax and pressure washer. :rofl:

I've yet to do it.

1gr8bldr

I recently got pricing. $1100 for a 2 year coat, $1600 for a three year coat and $2000 for a 5 year coat. All came with full detail inside and out. Clay bared before coat and paint correction. Coating is paint, wheels, lights, etc. If anyone is more interested in specifics, I can post the email. It seems as though it's a very good option for those who want a freshly waxed vehicle all the time. The labor required to wax often could justify the cost. It's not bullet proof. Cleaning still required. As I understand it, you can look at it like a wax job that last 5 years

Davans

There was a booth at the boat show this year that I stopped by. They had several boats on hand with ceramic coating that was very impressive. I have a Black 2014 Supra that had some water spots and a little fading the pricing started at $1300 to correct the paint and do an 18 month coating and went to $3000 for a 36 month treatment. After some research I was talked out of going this route. Water spots are like rust or mold and will likely return. It is very difficult to deal with after being ceramic coated. I believe it may be great for new paint but not so good for aged paint.