Ceramic Pot Call

spencer12

I've been testing a lot of different pot call surfaces lately and I just picked up a new one. I purchased the Primos Hensanity Pot Call with frictionite. The frictionite surface is a ceramic surface. I really like this material. The call did not come with a conditioning pad and it sounded great right out of the box. I was wondering, can I condition this call? I have glass, crystal, and slate but this is my first ceramic call. Any tips for conditioning the frictionite ceramic?

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Generally, ceramic doesn't need conditioning....but I'm not familiar with that primos surface.
I just run a little box chalk on my ceramics. Try that to see if it gets you the little extra bite you're after.

Brad

Ceramic doesn't need any conditioning after the initial conditioning which is done when the call is made. I use a little chalk on my strikers occasionally.

goblr77

Don't condition it. All that's needed is an alcohol wipe every now and then. Condition the end of your striker with scotchbrite and you'll be good to go.

X2 the alcohol wipe. When the Ceramic gets slick the wipes will get it back like new. One reason Ceramic is one of my favorite potcall surfaces it requires very little maintenance.On windy days a ceramic is my go to call